Who makes todays riding mowers

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #13  
The Troybilt, some craftsmans and cub cadets are the same. The Cub Cadet is the more deluxe model. Husqvarna bought out AVP who makes some sears mowers.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #14  
The difference between a true Huskvarna from a dealer and one from a big box store is complete. Most parts are not interchangable,and some dealers don't carry parts for them. The 46 inch JD and the 46 in Huskvarna from Lowes use almost all the same parts. The dealer model with routine maintence will last many years past the store model. It will also cost about twice the box store one. The big box stores licence the brand name to sell a cheaper version of a name brand mower and the average buyer will never know the difference.

This seems a little crooked to me. I would hope at least that they would not use the same model name or number.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #15  
This seems a little crooked to me. I would hope at least that they would not use the same model name or number.

No different than GM making an Olds, Buick, Pontiac, Chevy version of basically the same car. Now, MTD does own most of the brands today, check out their website, I don't know about the other models but I have a 2011 Cub Cadet GT2100 and it is nothing like the box store models, it is indeed a true "garden tractor". The Cub GT2000 series is only available at authorized equipment dealers and is physically larger, heavier and more powerful than the multi brand units, they have a large cast iron hydrostatic transmission connected directly to a Kohler Command V twin engine with a drive shaft, no belts to slip or snap. I use mine for mowing steep hills, pulling heavy loads in my trailer and clearing snow, does it all & begs for more, my research found these to be the most for your money available today in a garden tractor. From what I know the GT2000 series are still made at the old cub factory with higher quality parts, I have had zero issues with my tractor and would recommend it to anyone.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #16  
I wish cub cadet did not have the box store models. They should be sold as a troybilt. It makes it hard to sell a cub with the box store models.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #17  
I wish cub cadet did not have the box store models. They should be sold as a troybilt. It makes it hard to sell a cub with the box store models.

I agree, those POS box store models give Cub a bad name. As much as I like my new GT2100, even it is nothing like the IH Cubs 30 years ago, those were tanks, they even had FEL options. Prior to this I had a 1978 JD 210 with the 4 speed peerless manual gear box, I pulled a trailer loaded with 2000LB of rock up hills in granny low, I would not even consider trying that with my new unit. Sadly Its true, they just don't make em' like they used to.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #18  
I agree, those POS box store models give Cub a bad name. As much as I like my new GT2100, even it is nothing like the IH Cubs 30 years ago, those were tanks, they even had FEL options. Prior to this I had a 1978 JD 210 with the 4 speed peerless manual gear box, I pulled a trailer loaded with 2000LB of rock up hills in granny low, I would not even consider trying that with my new unit. Sadly Its true, they just don't make em' like they used to.

There are a lot of old Cubs still kicking but I think the new ones are better. I pulled some heavy loads with my old 2206. I also used it to pull dead vehicles into the garage.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #19  
When did JD start making them again? I am sure the one I have ridden for several days at my sister's must be MTD.

I'm pretty sure that all of the box store Deere machines are built in Greenville Tn, by Deere. According to a newspaper article I dug up from 2009 they built the 100 series there at that point in time time any way.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #20  
There are a lot of old Cubs still kicking but I think the new ones are better. I pulled some heavy loads with my old 2206. I also used it to pull dead vehicles into the garage.

I guess because I had the gear drive for so long I am nervous about "burning up" the hydro, do you think my new unit could handle pulling the loads I did with old 210?