Who makes todays riding mowers

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #21  
I guess because I had the gear drive for so long I am nervous about "burning up" the hydro, do you think my new unit could handle pulling the loads I did with old 210?

I pulled many heap loads of rock/ dirt with my 2206. With a heavy load you have to be careful that does not get out of control and cause you to wreck. Pulling a heavy load is not any harder on the hydro than pushing all it can push with the snow blade. You could ask your dealer to see what they think.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #22  
Murry used Briggs engines. Murry did not have the money to pay for the engines. I truly believe this is how Briggs bought Murry. MTD owns alot of the old name companies now. How do you say MONOPOLY.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #23  
I saw somewhere that husqvarna was the largest mower manufacturer but I would think it is MTD.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #24  
Makes me want to buy a Kubota. Please tell me Kubota makes Kubota?

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #26  
The difference between a true Huskvarna from a dealer and one from a big box store is complete. Most parts are not interchangable,and some dealers don't carry parts for them. The 46 inch JD and the 46 in Huskvarna from Lowes use almost all the same parts. The dealer model with routine maintence will last many years past the store model. It will also cost about twice the box store one. The big box stores licence the brand name to sell a cheaper version of a name brand mower and the average buyer will never know the difference.

M E Race,
Yep, you hit the nail on the head....."beware of big box retailer mowers"!!! But also, as mentioned by a few, even "dealer makes/models" can be multi-brand. I looked at Dixon ZTR's last fall and learned they are now a "blue Husqvarna" and not really the same quality as before the buyout. On the other hand, a lot of Husqvarna's new ZTR models look unusually similar to a Dixon, and probably are better machines than the "purebred" Husky models on "each side' of them in the lineup:0)

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #28  
The top of the line craftsman mower (about 7k) is made by simplicity. Just in case anyone is interested. Why anyone would pay that money for a craftsman branded mower, instead of just buying the authentic simplicity is beyond me.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #29  
Are the Dixon mowers made by Husqvarna? They look similar.

/ Who makes todays riding mowers #30  
The top of the line craftsman mower (about 7k) is made by simplicity. Just in case anyone is interested. Why anyone would pay that money for a craftsman branded mower, instead of just buying the authentic simplicity is beyond me.

A Snap on mower maybe but not a craftsman.