Chains Who needs chains??? I DO!

/ Who needs chains??? I DO! #21  
<font color=blue>NOW THAT LOOKS LIKE A PLACE U NEED CHAINS</font color=blue>

It gets worse, Frank! When the drainage ditch at the top packs with ice, all runoff is diverted into the road which becomes a sheet of ice! Great fun in late winter watching unsuspecting tourists try to visit my land! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

But the ice chains sure come in handy late in the year!

Pete

/ Who needs chains??? I DO!
Rick plants a seed:

<font color=blue>You started off looking at BX's, talked yourself right up through the entire B series to the B2910. Now you wish you bought an L3010...

...Enjoy your B2910....or did you already trade up?</font color=blue>

Now that's an idea!

"Honey, I gotta trade my new tractor in on a bigger one...

...something that will fit the chains I want!"

/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bill

In the meantime...I just told my dealer to get me a set of chains for the rear. Made by Peerless...if that is how you spell it.

Seem to have the same specs as those on the tirechains.com website. Will cost me $10 more when it is all over [tirechains.com is in PA, pay sales tax either way] but that's ok as I want to give the dealer a reward for treating me well so far.

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Who needs chains??? I DO! #24  
I had to laugh at that because the first tractor I thought I wanted was the BX-2200. After going to the Kubota store and seeing that it was closer to a garden tractor size-wise than what I called a tractor I wandered all the way to the 3010 as well. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I even looked at a couple used M-series before I came back to reality. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Who needs chains??? I DO! #25  
gary : we got a lot in common. my oldest daughter graduated ND LAW SCHOOL(south bend) and i also looked at m series, but figured no sense having a tractor bigger than my 9 acres/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Who needs chains??? I DO! #26  
<font color=red>Last fall I bought tire chains and tensioners from tirechains.com for my B2910 and they worked GREAT! We haven't had a significant snow fall since! </font color=red>

Good to hear. I just got a set from them for my wifes garden tractor. Hope I don't need them./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Now heres one for you all. I have a problem with the front slliding around turns wile plowing. Will chains help on the front of a 2wd garden tractor? I have rear weights, and chains on the rear, but I have this problem with, or without them.

/ Who needs chains??? I DO! #28  
Awwwww.....c',mon Frank. If I could squeeze a B2910 on 2/3 acre you should easily be able to fit an M series on 9 acres! They can't be THAT big! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

~Rick

Well...

After the dealer verified that the chains were what I wanted yesterday, and I told him to order them, he calls back this morning and tells me he can't get them...

Excuse is that their account expired with their provider, and will not be reestablished until January!

Hummmm...starting to lose confidence in this guy...new manager at the Kubota store [owner also has a blue store]...a couple months ago they could no deliver on a Woods box blade that I told them to get for me...Woods apparently had none on the shelf and would have to make one...

So the chains and tensioners will be coming from Tirechains.com. If all goes right, should be delivered tomorrow!

Guess that is reasonable, as they are just 2 hours drive from where I live.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Who needs chains??? I DO! #30  
cbh30,
Ya I read that. Just woundering if chains may help also.