Who owns firearms..

/ Who owns firearms.. #21  
Actualy the Barrett 50BMG is the nicest shooter other than my Rem700 heavy barrel in .223.

Both shoot comfortably. AND: women loose their fear of the rifle once they sit behind it. It has very little kick because of its weight. You are still looking at the target thru the scope after it fires.

Now an 870 3" slug is too jittery and too much punch for us.

Best thing about the 50 is the respect it commands. The echo seems to last forever going to the back woods. The ammo comes from Cabelas.

Once you have fire this piece you will walk differently (and NOT from an injury).

/ Who owns firearms.. #22  
Shot a 50 cal once aboard ship...that was long ago and I can still remember the boom and subsequent splash it caused waaaaay out on the horizon;)

I want one, their days are numbered (UNFORTUNATELY). I think owners will be "grandfathered" in if they already have it...

There are cheaper ones than the Barrett. It's probably what I'll end up getting (one day in the now too distant future).

My tack driver is a Remington Model 700 5R Milspec in Stainless Steel. You won't find much on it if you google it, Remington only releases about 300-400 a year to the public. It's "cousin" is the Army M24 sniper rifle. From what I have read (limited) and the call I made to Remington, it shares the same barrel as the M24, only the M24's barrel is black. You'll read a lot of speculation to whether it's a Mike Rock barrel, or whether Remmy is making them now...I could care less. It's a great shooter and well worth the $ I paid for it. If you can find one...buy it.

It's a bull barrel, H&S Precision stock, bedded, floating barrel, with a Harris Bipod and Leupold Mk-4 LR T M1 4.5x14x50mm on it with the Tactical Milling Reticle. 100 yd group is sub MOA...1/4". We practice shooting washers off of bailing wire at that distance.

At 500 yards, using Federal's Sierra Matchking HPBT 175 grain ammo, I shot a 4.5", 3rd group (best of the day) and an 8 inch group another time (had one round get away from me...haha), but the day we shot it was hot as heck and light winds with an occasional gust. Hard to judge that kind of heat/wind and hard to establish a good baseline. Regardless, a bad guy wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.

/ Who owns firearms.. #23  
While CFs are loads of fun theres just something about 22RF that keeps you coming back for more. In my case its b/c of all the good memories of shooting them w/ family and friends. My little son & Ive spent *many* Sat afternoons popping swingers and old shotshells w/ our CZ452s. Lots of fun!!!!

/ Who owns firearms.. #24  
Yea but does anyone have a firearm mounted on their tractor ? Or do they just keep it under the seat ?

/ Who owns firearms.. #25  
I know what you mean.. I've fired a few 'fast' guns.. and you definately have a 'swing' to your walk after that...

Soundguy

zzvyb6 said:
Once you have fire this piece you will walk differently (and NOT from an injury).

/ Who owns firearms.. #26  
Soundguy said:
I know what you mean.. I've fired a few 'fast' guns.. and you definately have a 'swing' to your walk after that...

Soundguy

The proverbial "military swagger".

/ Who owns firearms.. #27  
I'm not military.. but it could be the same... and for similar reasons..

Soundguy

/ Who owns firearms.. #28  
Agree with my Yellow Lab, who's philosophy is: Better to have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and not have it. Michigan has a CCW law and Home Castle law. Crimes against people have dropped.
penokee and otto

/ Who owns firearms.. #29  
Just last night all my dogs 'alerted' and i had to do a sweep o fthe house and yard at 2am with my .38 smith in hand.

Our area has had a few breakins in the last couple months.. so everyone is on edge right now.

Soundguy

/ Who owns firearms.. #30  
penokee said:
Agree with my Yellow Lab, who's philosophy is: Better to have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and not have it. Michigan has a CCW law and Home Castle law. Crimes against people have dropped.
penokee and otto

When I took the NRA PP class way back when there was some lengthy discussion about criminal psychology. Basically the rank and file criminal is a coward and opportunist looking for the easy 'meal'. In their view if you look or might be dangerous youll most likely be passed over for something easier. It becomes a much more dangerous game b/c they dont know who is/isnt armed. :D