Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do...

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #71  
The problem with this is when you go to raise the right side a little it does not move up, instead the left side goes down first to the bottom before the right side will raise. With fine grading this would give you fits.

A solution if you don't have an additional valve and outlets would be an electric actuated double selector valve where you could push a switch and select the left cylinder to adjust it where needed and lock in place. Then use the right hand cylinder for the tilt adjustments as normally done.

I see what you're saying. Thanks for bearing with me.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do...
What do you gain with all the tilt that the cylinder gets you? It's not like you can actually put an implement in the ground 2' deep and make a single pull and have a ditch done? To get a deep ditch, you have to make multiple passes anyway, so what advantage is all the tilt? Please explain in more detail. :confused3:

In the event that you need the extra tilt, in the situation you encounter, what you gain is that you do not need to spend the time getting off the tractor to adjust your mechanical side link.

And afterwards you do not have to get off the tractor to again adjust the mechanical side line when you have finished what you are doing.

It is that simple. No more, no less.... like has been stated above, the mechanical side link combined with a tilt cylinder offers the same adjustability. I think it is all about time and convenience, nothing more.... :)

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #73  
In the event that you need the extra tilt, in the situation you encounter, what you gain is that you do not need to spend the time getting off the tractor to adjust your mechanical side link.

And afterwards you do not have to get off the tractor to again adjust the mechanical side line when you have finished what you are doing.

It is that simple. No more, no less.... like has been stated above, the mechanical side link combined with a tilt cylinder offers the same adjustability. I think it is all about time and convenience, nothing more.... :)

My point is and has been, you can not take advantage of the extreme tilt of having the 2 side links. I know that I could not and I have a 75hp, 12,000lb tractor with 1000lb+ implements and work in what most guys on TBN would consider "dream soil". I have an 8" stroke unit, 4" in either direction, provides 11 1/2* of tilt in either direction of tilt. Only a very few times have I been able to use the full amount of tilt on a first pass cut. So what possibly good would having the capability of making a 20* cut in a single pass do me? Unless you are making one small ditch, I see having that capability worthless.

The only real use for it in my mind would be if you had a none hydraulic rear blade and used said blade for cleaning out pre-existing ditches.

If someone can post a picture of actual use of having twin hydraulic cylinders is an advantage, please do. As I have already said, I have not seen any pictures or actually anything even described that I can not do with a single hydraulic side link that provides an equal amount of tilt angle to both sides.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #74  
My point is and has been, you can not take advantage of the extreme tilt of having the 2 side links. I know that I could not and I have a 75hp, 12,000lb tractor with 1000lb+ implements and work in what most guys on TBN would consider "dream soil". I have an 8" stroke unit, 4" in either direction, provides 11 1/2* of tilt in either direction of tilt. Only a very few times have I been able to use the full amount of tilt on a first pass cut. So what possibly good would having the capability of making a 20* cut in a single pass do me? Unless you are making one small ditch, I see having that capability worthless.

The only real use for it in my mind would be if you had a none hydraulic rear blade and used said blade for cleaning out pre-existing ditches.

If someone can post a picture of actual use of having twin hydraulic cylinders is an advantage, please do. As I have already said, I have not seen any pictures or actually anything even described that I can not do with a single hydraulic side link that provides an equal amount of tilt angle to both sides.
The main I see is getting some more height out of lift and being easier you adjust both sides easily

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #75  
If the side links are built to get you all this extra tilt that some seem to think that they want, then you gain nothing for height. Easier to adjust, I suppose if you are a newbie operator.

Again, nothing really gained. :no:

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #76  
So you consider having to lower the 3pt hitch to match the cut depth of the right side a good reason to have 2 hydraulic side links? Whatever:confused3: That is not getting a different result than a tractor with a single adjustable side link. Different actions on the operators part, (2 levers instead of 1) but not different results. And besides, even with the twin hyd side links, you most likely would still need to move the 3pt lever, just not as far.

Again, the full tilt of a 2 hydraulic side link machine can basically NEVER be taken advantage of. You are not going to stick a box blade or a rear blade 2' in the ground and make a full cut, it just is not going to happen. That is what I think most people think that they are going to do when they are able to get twice the tilt of a typical system.

We've probably run this into the ground enough. ;)
Oh come on! ... You can lower one to its extreme and raise the other to its extreme. Theres no way this can be accomplished on a single setup w/o leaving the seat.

,,,,,,,,,,,Its the angle, acuteness available at whim, not the depth.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #77  
Brian,

Not sure why you are wrestling with the pig on this one. Just accept that others might not view things as you do. :)

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #79  
:) :) :) :)

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #80  
You're right, I give up.
NO!!!! Just because you can, doesn't mean you need to... or have to have a blade that turns 90*. I'm sure Brian would make a cylinder for you but you really don't need one.

For god's sake, it's a tractor, not a bulldozer... take multiple small bites.

This is like mixing RoundUp... if a little does the job... twice as much should be better... it's the American Way!