Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do...

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do...
My point is and has been, you can not take advantage of the extreme tilt of having the 2 side links.I know that I could not and I have a 75hp, 12,000lb tractor with 1000lb+ implements and work in what most guys on TBN would consider "dream soil".

Do you live (work your tractor) where things are quite flat? My driveways have compound curves to them and the combination of float on one tilt cylinder and positioning of the other tilt cylinder makes snow plowing much easier than it might be otherwise. Has nothing to do with HP available...or HP needed, since in this case the HP is not much but the placement of the blade is critical for good snow removal.

Your logic, if applied in the other direction would lead to the question: Why have a hydraulic tilt cylinder to begin with? A mechanically operated lift arm is all that is needed! One can do everything with the adjustable mechanical lift rod that can be done with a hydraulic cylinder, right? (Whatever works for each of us...:))

However, I will keep my dual cylinders...and smile every time I make an adjustment and think of the time I saved by not having to jump off the tractor and manually make adjustments. Plus I can fine tune adjustments on the fly, another plus...

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #82  
Do you live (work your tractor) where things are quite flat? My driveways have compound curves to them and the combination of float on one tilt cylinder and positioning of the other tilt cylinder makes snow plowing much easier than it might be otherwise. Has nothing to do with HP available...or HP needed, since in this case the HP is not much but the placement of the blade is critical for good snow removal.

Your logic, if applied in the other direction would lead to the question: Why have a hydraulic tilt cylinder to begin with? A mechanically operated lift arm is all that is needed! One can do everything with the adjustable mechanical lift rod that can be done with a hydraulic cylinder, right? (Whatever works for each of us...:))

However, I will keep my dual cylinders...and smile every time I make an adjustment and think of the time I saved by not having to jump off the tractor and manually make adjustments. Plus I can fine tune adjustments on the fly, another plus...

My tractors have the float feature available with the side link. I can do every single thing that you have mentioned with my single cylinder side link systems. Our 120 acres varies 140' in elevation. I am very well aware of all these uses you talk about with the compound curves-angles. Very common with road intersections that have crowns in the roads. This is the exact reason that ALL of my rear remote valve systems come with float feature valves.

I have never said to get rid of your double hydraulic side links. Just that there is no "good" reason to have them. :wave:

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #83  
Brian,
You mentioned that you have an 8 inch stroke on your tractors tilt cylinder. My tilt cylinder is closer to 4 inches (I should measure the stroke length to be certain) and would not have the range of tilt available that you have. I also will look to see if there is enough space for longer tilt cylinders but doubt there is room for an 8" stroke. On compact tractors using two shorter cylinders can be a solution.

What I don't understand is why you are so adamant and in the business of selling tilt cylinders. Seems odd to me.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #84  
Brian,
You mentioned that you have an 8 inch stroke on your tractors tilt cylinder. My tilt cylinder is closer to 4 inches (I should measure the stroke length to be certain) and would not have the range of tilt available that you have.
My tilt cylinder is also 4 inch stroke.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #85  
I thought Brian had stopped wrestling, but guess not. :)

I cleaned a ditch along a gravel road today with the BB. Sure would have been easier with double cylinders. But I got by with more time involved. :(

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #86  
Brian,
You mentioned that you have an 8 inch stroke on your tractors tilt cylinder. My tilt cylinder is closer to 4 inches (I should measure the stroke length to be certain) and would not have the range of tilt available that you have. I also will look to see if there is enough space for longer tilt cylinders but doubt there is room for an 8" stroke. On compact tractors using two shorter cylinders can be a solution.

Good point.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #87  
I thought Brian had stopped wrestling, but guess not. :)

I cleaned a ditch along a gravel road today with the BB. Sure would have been easier with double cylinders. But I got by with more time involved. :(

Richard when some one quotes me, and it contradicts what I have said, I figure that I need to respond,
but I guess not.

Why and how? Please explain to me your situation-conditions that you were working in today. The only reason I can see is when the side link cylinder is not designed to be at mid stroke with the implement level. Don't you have to be in the ditch using your box blade to clean it out? I actually don't see why you would need to tilt the box at all other than to make up the difference of the silted in material that you are driving over. :confused:

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #88  
Don't you have to be in the ditch using your box blade to clean it out? I actually don't see why you would need to tilt the box at all other than to make up the difference of the silted in material that you are driving over. :confused:
No. You could be straddling, or riding next to, the ditch with an offset blade. Once the tilt shoves the 3ph to the top stop you also have down force.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #89  
Richard when some one quotes me, and it contradicts what I have said, I figure that I need to respond,
but I guess not.

Why and how? Please explain to me your situation-conditions that you were working in today. The only reason I can see is when the side link cylinder is not designed to be at mid stroke with the implement level. Don't you have to be in the ditch using your box blade to clean it out? I actually don't see why you would need to tilt the box at all other than to make up the difference of the silted in material that you are driving over. :confused:

Now I give up.

/ Who uses dual tilt cylinders? I do... #90  
Just curious...do any model tractors come with manually adjustable side links on both lift arms?