Who wears seat belts

/ Who wears seat belts #11  
+1 on wearing the seat belt on the Kubota. I had to jump from the seat of my Farmall once. The left rear ran over a stump on the upper edge of a farm road bed. I was certain it was going over. I'm not sure if I jumped as much as I was ejected. The tractor ran along about 30 feet on the right two wheels before deciding to quit doing tricks and it stopped against a maple tree.

It happened extremely quick. I was in a hurry and wasn't being careful. I limped around on a twisted or jammed knee for about 6 weeks that otherwise was a great knee to that point.

I've seen the rollover demonstrations by various Land Grant Universities. I don't need any further convincing.

/ Who wears seat belts #12  
Don't wear mine either, but I'm on 100% flat land and don't carry many huge, heavy loads on the loader...

/ Who wears seat belts #13  
I always do. It keeps me held back in the seat.

/ Who wears seat belts #14  
I live in a hilly area, always wear mine. That said, I can never get off my tractor without my shorts, shirt or jacket catching the shifter control on one side or the throttle/3 pt controls on the other. If I ever tried to jump during a roll, I know one of those knobs would suck me back under the tractor and then it's time to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal is another matter...

/ Who wears seat belts #15  
I live in a hilly area, always wear mine. That said, I can never get off my tractor without my shorts, shirt or jacket catching the shifter control on one side or the throttle/3 pt controls on the other. If I ever tried to jump during a roll, I know one of those knobs would suck me back under the tractor ..

:D I have to smile at this because I could have written the same words. I don't always wear mine at the rental property which is flat and usually just moving from one point to another. At home on the hillside I almost always wear it and always wear mine in a car/truck.
I laid a tractor over on it's side one time while I was stopped. Glad I had the belt on. It happened in a fraction of a second and doubt I'd of had time or presence of mind to jump even if I had wanted to.

/ Who wears seat belts #16  
Troutsqueezer, I can imagine your conversation with St. Peter at the Pearly Gates where you explain your premature arrival because of a new pair of Carhart shorts and lack of seat belt use....

/ Who wears seat belts #17  
I was grappling brush next to the fence while sidehilling and grabbed the fence post. I started going over, jumped off, and grabbed the rops to hold it. I then let the loader down and it sat back on 4 wheels. It was a special circumstance that I dont wish to repeat but I'm glad I jumped off and was able to save my tractor. I have a 1026r. Anything bigger and this would not have worked. In most cases I think we should wear our seatbelts instead.

/ Who wears seat belts #18  
It's not even a question ... you are crazy not to wear the seat belt when ever you are on the tractor. I always wear mine.

/ Who wears seat belts #19  
Never, but I'm on flat ground and in a cabbed tractor. If you try and jump, you're going to get squished more often than you're going to get clear.

/ Who wears seat belts #20  
I always run ROPS up and seat belt on. It's not an option for anyone on my machine.