Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .?

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .? #81  
you are going to be amazed what you can do with it. There is a learning curve to get the max out of it. The HST is very nice but you'll need some practice getting used to just how much 'pedal' you'll need for each job. It's really fun to learn as you go. Everyday you'll learn something either to do, or not to do...until you get to know it as an extension of your arms and legs. I'm just about there now, the motions are very natural and don't require much thought anymore.

Did you get the tires loaded? If not, git er done. You'll be very glad you did.

Good luck and have fun!

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .? #82  
Looks real good. :thumbsup: Probably need to let some air out of those tires though. Very typical for dealers to have them waaaaaaay to hard. ;)

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .? #83  
Looks real good. :thumbsup: Probably need to let some air out of those tires though. Very typical for dealers to have them waaaaaaay to hard. ;)

Well, since air is free we like to give you as much of it as possible.....but seriously, Brian is right. The guys tend to set the fronts near max and the rears at 20-25 and it most cases you can use much less pressure in the rears. Load them with Rim Guard and set it to 10-12psi on the rears and there will be a ton of difference in traction and stability. I think it is best to run near max pressure in the fronts if you have a loader.

The 3720 backhoe is really well sorted out. Well balanced, powerful and dependable. For a 30'ish HP unit, it is hard to get a better backhoe in any brand unless you go to the commercial rigs like the old L35 or the JD110, but that is a bunch more money.

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .? #84  
Well, since air is free we like to give you as much of it as possible.....but seriously, Brian is right. The guys tend to set the fronts near max and the rears at 20-25 and it most cases you can use much less pressure in the rears. Load them with Rim Guard and set it to 10-12psi on the rears and there will be a ton of difference in traction and stability. I think it is best to run near max pressure in the fronts if you have a loader.

The 3720 backhoe is really well sorted out. Well balanced, powerful and dependable. For a 30'ish HP unit, it is hard to get a better backhoe in any brand unless you go to the commercial rigs like the old L35 or the JD110, but that is a bunch more money.

Dave, maybe your guys only fill to the max recommended PSI on the tire, very common on here to see maybe 6-8" of rear tire hitting the ground because the tires are over inflated by 10-20PSI. :eek: Several times I have seen tires over inflated by 20PSI. I agree that front tires on a tractor that has a loader on it should run max PSI in the fronts. :thumbsup:

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .?
Well I played and played and broke it! :confused3:
I was digging out a tree and all of a sudden I saw fluid all over. I didn't know it at the time, but it appears that one of the return hoses has a loose connection. I can move the nut behind the mounting plate with my fingers and fluid shoots out when using controls. I took pics and sent to dealer. He feels the fitting is cracked and tightening will not fix it. They are sending someone out tomorrow. We are talking 300+ miles one way!
I do not think I did anything wrong. I'm reading the manual now for the backhoe and there is a list of "do not do's". Hmmmmm
With that aside there is a learning curve. Wish I had a penny for every time I zigged instead of zagged. Although there were moments where I even amazed myself on how I moved so smoothly. After the repairs I plan on spending a lot of time on it learning the ropes.

The tires are filled with some sort of antifreeze self plugging stuff. That's as much as I know about it. Not sure how much pressure is in the tires. Considering I broke it already not sure I want to mess with the tires. :eek:

Well back to the manuals

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .? #86  
Congrads on the decision! you'll be happy. I also sprung a leak at 40 hours from the block below the hydraulic pump. Boltwas not totally tight and worked on the washer seal. Dealer fixed it right away, good service. And it was not the one where I bought it.

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .? #87  
looking at this post a little late, but I just bought a Mahindra 5035 4wd Shuttle with Front End Loader (FEL). I did shop around to get the best price and even then I asked to have a bush hog, 3 point quick attach, and 3-point hitch attachment for moving my gooseneck trailers around. I did have a military discount which knocked $600 off the price of the attachments with the Mahindra Power up package, but the dealership ended up at the same price. So, a little bit of shopping around and a little haggling is worth it. Also, check out AgDirect financing at the dealer which can get you out to 84 months at a decent interest rate and you do not have to pay the $3000 penalty for taking the Mahindra 0% financing.

I bought the Mahindra for the sheer value and they use very little plastic. Father-in-law has a JD 4310 that has a piece of sheet metal rivited on the top of the hood after cracking it with a small square bale that fell off the loader bucket. I compared the 5035 to a Massey 3615, Kubota MX5200, JD 5055D and 5055E, and Case 55A. Overall, the Mahindra was cheaper and weighed just enough more to make it heavy enough for the work I do and not make big ruts in my bottom land pastures. Also, Mahindra actually built my grandfather's International 666 back in the early 70's and it is still running strong, so I know they can build good tractors. My neighbor has a Mahindra 5525 and the gearbox says International on the side so they are still using the old International castings for some parts.

All of these decisions are independent of the work that I do as I had already determined I needed at least 40HP at the PTO and I knew that I wanted a shuttle shift to avoid grinding gears when using the loader and backing up while trimming creek banks. I also have a small square baler and will be purchasing a disc mower for cutting hay on about 16 acres after I am done with my 40 hour a week job. So in a nutshell, Go Big Red!!

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .?
Well I have over 14 hours on the tractor. Learning something every day. Starting to get over that fear of breaking it. Identifying different sounds of the machine working and/or struggling. Using the box blade now. I have a kink in my neck from looking back so much.
Now if I could only stop trying to shift my truck in reverse using my heel! :laughing:

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .? #89  
As you get more used to the HST, you'll begin to wonder if that tractor can go frontwards and reverse at the same time !!

You'll get to the point where the tractor is constantly moving...no pauses while you change direction.

/ Why Buy a Mahindra or Mahindra vs . . . .? #90  
I must say I did like the Kubota hst pedal better.Just rock forward or heel back. With Mahindra,Sometimes I forget which pedal I'm on when doing small stuff, almost put a dent in the side of my truck cause I was close to the bed and hit the wrong one. That is my only complaint but keeps me thinking what I'm doing...