Comparison Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson?

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #31  
To clear something up on the N.H. subcompact, it is now owned by Kioti and will be in orange this spring. LS is building the N.H. compacts now, w/ the exception of a few models.

In my area, Rural King is selling (or trying to) Massey compacts. 10 R.K. stores.
It just de-values the brand. Like Lowes selling Deere L.T.'s.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #32  
To clear something up on the N.H. subcompact, it is now owned by Kioti and will be in orange this spring. LS is building the N.H. compacts now, w/ the exception of a few models.

In my area, Rural King is selling (or trying to) Massey compacts. 10 R.K. stores.
It just de-values the brand. Like Lowes selling Deere L.T.'s.
MF did that to increase exposure. Are you saying kioti bought shibuara? or just contracted them to build?

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #33  
What a mess! It's silly how often brands are changing hands. It started with just the shortlines, now with CNH jumping in?

I guess eventually it will be good, you might be able to buy parts for your tractor at any dealer when the duck,duck goose game gets done.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #34  
Kioti bought the castings, molds etc. and the rights to the sub. from Shibaura. I'm unclear as to whether Sh. is just providing the engine or building the whole tractor for them. But it is Kioti's tractor.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #35  
Why? The simple answer was value. I looked at new Kubota MX 5100 and JD 5045E. Wound up buying a used 2008 1533 Massey. The Massey had higher hydraulic flow. The Massey had virtually the same lift capacity of the MX5100 Kubota. Even though the rated hp was substantially less than either, I believed it would be up the use I had planned for it.

I am outfitting this tractor with a hydraulic saw to trim the trees in hay fields, around the house, and wherever else. This was the sturdiest feeling tractor I looked at in this hp range: 30-45. MX5100 seemed light for its size. 5045E seemed like a throwback to 50's technology.

Plus it was 1/2 the price of the other 2 tractors.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #36  
My dad just bought a 57 horse 4x4 . Eldon mo. Best dealer ive ever been too.
im buying a 95horse power 2x4 soon...i thinks
i really like the cabs

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #37  
Well, other than value, quality and dependability, my family has been a MF dealer since the early 80's. So, I guess you can say I am a little biased.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #38  
I bought the 2 MF's that i have now because MF's are generally a lot cheaper second hand than others , I had set out both times to buy fords :) But i'l take ford/IH/MF just comes down to price .

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #39  
Ultimately, as an engineer I tend to research things (to death as my wife will tell ya). I went in open-minded. The Kubota dealer is 3 miles away, MF about 20 miles, JD, about 14 miles, NH, same 14 miles, so distance wasn't really a factor. I looked at the various options, and capabilities - mid-PTO, rear 3-pt lift capacity, FEL lift capacity, price, etc.

Ultimately, yes, JD may hold their value somewhat better and there is a strong following for JD - but they are the most over-priced of the bunch. So do they really hold their value - or just start so high to begin with? Dealer was unresponsive - called and pestered, tried to check out the models - even when I wanted to check the 3120 and 4000 series. Only wanted to sell the bargain 3005 type models - and while cheap - lack performance and things like ability to remove loader (easily). More of a volume dealer I decided. Tried another JD dealer - and they only wanted to sell what was on the lot - which was the sub-compacts. :mad:

Kubota was the most prevalent for compacts and variety on the lot, but lacks some capabilities in comparable models (lift, reach, etc).Dang thing vibrated and it is a known issue on the 3200s, the 3300s lacks some options, and the L-series is "eh" but lacks the ability of a mid-PTO, and heavy capabilities, until you get to the "Grand-40s". $$$

NH - well to be fair - I don't care for Korean stuff so really didn't have much of a chance. Don't care for the new models, but looked at them. Too light weight, lack of quality (dealer stated - not mine), and lack of performance in comparison to the Shinbaura units. Case-IH - has the same LS Korean models now. The dealer didn't think as much of the new models, and had stockpiled some 2010-2011 leftovers from Japan. However - he wanted a premium for them over the cost of a new one since they were better tractors - not even at cost for when they were new - and no special offers since they were older stock. :shocked:

Then MF - I had been watching them - liked the style of the 1600 series (1500 is ok) - the features, the capabilities, and the ability to add a mid-PTO if I need one for snow-blowing or something someday. :) Great utility tractor, heaviest lift capabilities, as flexible as the Kubota and JDs, ran solid and strong, no vibration - then with the promotion prices (Free FEL and 0%) just couldn't be beaten. Dealership would order models, has a steady turnover of stock, and great t deal with. Both MF dealers I talked with I would recommend easily - but I got it from my local guy. :thumbsup:

Why did I get mine - because it was the best performing tractor around, great dealer experience, and price was more than just competitive.
And I love it. :cool2:

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #40  
Massey has not built a decent tractor since the 135..:laughing:..