Comparison Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson?

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #43  
And most others too :dance1:

Says someone who bought a Korean piece of ? - and couldn't afford a real orange tractor?
I see plenty of 1500, 1400, 1200 on this thread. The reason for the thread is why did you purchase your MF. I gave my reasons - and the MF dealer is also a Kioti dealer - Kioti are cheap - plain and simple - with more quality issues and service items. But dealer would ahev sold me one if I wanted.
Your opinion only - and you didn't answer the original posters reason on why you bought it - just here to gripe.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #44  
British built 300 series were some of the best small tractors ever made and the french built 2000 series would compete with anything out there too .

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #45  
Geez Murph lighten up a bit - everyone makes their own decisions based on facts and feelings, and also emotions.

So when Blitzin makes his decision - it's right for him, in his area, and his mind.

I attempt to be the same in real life - across a bar / in a tractor dealership / or a store , as I am behind a keyboard on the www.

Carl

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #46  
Geez Murph lighten up a bit - everyone makes their own decisions based on facts and feelings, and also emotions.

So when Blitzin makes his decision - it's right for him, in his area, and his mind.

I attempt to be the same in real life - across a bar / in a tractor dealership / or a store , as I am behind a keyboard on the www.

Carl

Jeez Carl, Call off your Dog! I must go and lift a few Massey's now. And Blitzn, I have a MF dealer next door. Also the OP asked this? last year...

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #47  
British built 300 series were some of the best small tractors ever made and the french built 2000 series would compete with anything out there too .

Ok, I know I shouldn't...but do the french tractors work as well in reverse as their tanks do? For sale: French rifle, never fired, dropped once.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #48  
I've bought two new MF tractors in the last 5 years. Both times, I shopped Kubota, NH and MF. Both times I wanted a Kubota but the comparable MF model speced out better, was considerably heavier and cost considerably less.

The 2007 MF has performed very well, done everything that I have expected it to do but there have been several isues, some covered by warranty, but the major one was not. The 2635 was delivered a couple of months ago so the jury is still out.

I also have a 20 year-old Kubota CUT bought new in 1993. Since buying it, I have had ABSOLUTELY NO issues, not even a fuse, light bulb or fan belt. I have spent money on it only for lubricants, filters and tubes for the front tires when they would no longer hold air tubeless. I also once owned a Bolens (Iseki) hydrostat CUT without issues but owned it only for two or three years. This is why experienced buyers want Kubota or at least Japanese made.

For the overwhelming majority of CUT buyers the most important buying criterion should be the dealer, both support and likleyhood of surviving in the area.

SDT

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #49  
Ultimately, as an engineer I tend to research things (to death as my wife will tell ya). I went in open-minded. The Kubota dealer is 3 miles away, MF about 20 miles, JD, about 14 miles, NH, same 14 miles, so distance wasn't really a factor. I looked at the various options, and capabilities - mid-PTO, rear 3-pt lift capacity, FEL lift capacity, price, etc.

Ultimately, yes, JD may hold their value somewhat better and there is a strong following for JD - but they are the most over-priced of the bunch. So do they really hold their value - or just start so high to begin with? Dealer was unresponsive - called and pestered, tried to check out the models - even when I wanted to check the 3120 and 4000 series. Only wanted to sell the bargain 3005 type models - and while cheap - lack performance and things like ability to remove loader (easily). More of a volume dealer I decided. Tried another JD dealer - and they only wanted to sell what was on the lot - which was the sub-compacts. :mad:

Kubota was the most prevalent for compacts and variety on the lot, but lacks some capabilities in comparable models (lift, reach, etc).Dang thing vibrated and it is a known issue on the 3200s, the 3300s lacks some options, and the L-series is "eh" but lacks the ability of a mid-PTO, and heavy capabilities, until you get to the "Grand-40s". $$$

NH - well to be fair - I don't care for Korean stuff so really didn't have much of a chance. Don't care for the new models, but looked at them. Too light weight, lack of quality (dealer stated - not mine), and lack of performance in comparison to the Shinbaura units. Case-IH - has the same LS Korean models now. The dealer didn't think as much of the new models, and had stockpiled some 2010-2011 leftovers from Japan. However - he wanted a premium for them over the cost of a new one since they were better tractors - not even at cost for when they were new - and no special offers since they were older stock. :shocked:

Then MF - I had been watching them - liked the style of the 1600 series (1500 is ok) - the features, the capabilities, and the ability to add a mid-PTO if I need one for snow-blowing or something someday. :) Great utility tractor, heaviest lift capabilities, as flexible as the Kubota and JDs, ran solid and strong, no vibration - then with the promotion prices (Free FEL and 0%) just couldn't be beaten. Dealership would order models, has a steady turnover of stock, and great t deal with. Both MF dealers I talked with I would recommend easily - but I got it from my local guy. :thumbsup:

Why did I get mine - because it was the best performing tractor around, great dealer experience, and price was more than just competitive.
And I love it. :cool2:

It is spooky how I could have wrote this post. I almost wouldn't change a thing (maybe distance to dealers, but it is close).