Why do you hate MTD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why do you hate MTD? #201  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But, now that there are a lot more MTD's with the Kohler engine aboard, I wonder if the folks with the SOUR taste that the badge "MTD" gave them will sweeten. )</font>

Sounds like putting a big block in a Yugo.

/ Why do you hate MTD? #202  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( But, now that there are a lot more MTD's with the Kohler engine aboard, I wonder if the folks with the SOUR taste that the badge "MTD" gave them will sweeten. )</font>

Sounds like putting a big block in a Yugo. )</font>

It's still a U Go Right!

/ Why do you hate MTD?
<font color="blue"> You are trying to draw a parallel about using the right tool for the job. </font>

<font color="blue"> Pipe wrench best choice for cast pipe

MTD best choice for mowing the lawn. </font>

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Please, please give me a "QUOTE" where I've said anything of the sort! Maybe I should've said proper for the job/task at hand for you to understand.

<font color="blue"> The parallel you have so nicely provided supports my views. </font>

I think your looking in the mirror.

<font color="blue"> Both are contradictions

Neither are the best tool for the job.

I'm just pointing out the facts as YOU have put them </font>

Again, please give me a "QUOTE" where I've said anything of the sort! The FACTS as I have put them, are as such or agreed with, I don't see how a $3000 or $4000 mower could have performed any better.

So why do you hate MTD?

/ Why do you hate MTD? #204  
<font color="blue">Again, please give me a "QUOTE" where I've said anything of the sort! The FACTS as I have put them, are as such or agreed with, I don't see how a $3000 or $4000 mower could have performed any better.

So why do you hate MTD? </font>

Hey Gerard,

Don't you get it? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They spent 1,000's of dollars too much for their Mower's, and now they are having to work harder than they ever have to make the payments.

So I guess that got what they paid for and are still having to keep paying and paying and paying. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's why they hate the MTD's.

Now they are trying to get all the rest of us to make the same mistake and spend 1,000's too much as well. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I sure do hate my my Old, 17 YEAR OLD MTD, and just finished mowing my lawn with it again. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Why do you hate MTD?
Joe:

I think your onto something. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I too would be upset if I were still paying for my, "no issues and getting the job done MTD", but I'm not! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. Maybe they don't like <font color="red">RED</font>. Then again, maybe that's what they are seeing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Why do you hate MTD? #206  
<font color="blue"> I'll say it again, B&S IS NOT a part of MTD manufacturing!!
Your statement is still FOUL!
</font>

============
<font color="green"> So are you saying since MTD don't make the B & S engines they owe you nothing when it blows?
That being the case how am i any better off with a a blown KOHLER engine on a MTD ? </font>

skinderflirt

/ Why do you hate MTD? #207  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For example you can buy a whole 16 hp lawn tractor at walmart for less than I can buy a 16 HP motor. Something has to be different. )</font>
1*For example you can buy a whole 16 hp lawn tractor at Walmart for less than I can buy a 16 HP motor.
2*Something has to be different.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
1*The B&S for mine is 900 I bought the PowerCraft for less than 1300.
2*Orignal motors must be Seconds.

skinderflirt

/ Why do you hate MTD? #208  
Belive it or not, OEM pricing is ofen 1/3 retail or even much less; especially in the volumes someone like MTD runs.

Now does the MTD-B&S, MTD-Kohler, etc, contract allow wider tolerances or cheaper parts than the "catalog" products? I don't know; if so, there's probably something different with the model# to indicate the MTD OEM. Believe it or not, with the "sorting quality" costs of <font color="blue">Seconds?</font>, I don't think it's in B&Ss interest to do. Cheaper componts almost has the same theory, but on millions of items, those pennies do add up. Regardless, except in cases where "this serial number to that serial number" had a factory defect, poor engine choice is the final product mfg's responsiblty as well if not more so.

BTW the neighbor was out tilling 1/2 acre of pasture with a Sears LT; he got it running again, but it was sounding pretty sick for a while. I pitied the machine more than him!

As far as those bitten twice with anything, I can't blame them for being shy [I'm afraid there aren't going to be converts from either direction coming out of this thread]; though, I too appreciate specific details over blanket statements [barring this thread of course]. To make matters worse, in the "consumer lines" the sales are there; I'm afraid neither MTD nor anyone else is out to "sweeten people" on them. Fancy features and names like Kohler might "charm" a few new buyers, but I don't see quick changes for those already opinionated in either direction!

Chad

/ Why do you hate MTD? #209  
I wonder how many of the premium priced mowers have some of the same parts as MTD has in them ?

One thing too, cast iron front axles seem to be a plus on a rider ? I don't know of anyone who has broken one of the bent steel front axles. How much of the value of the premium priced mowers is real and how much is perception ?

Ben

/ Why do you hate MTD?
<font color="blue">So are you saying since MTD don't make the B & S engines they owe you nothing when it blows? </font>

Quote me as to my saying that! I've said nothing of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.