Why do you hate MTD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why do you hate MTD? #211  
<font color="blue"> I wonder how many of the premium priced mowers have some of the same parts as MTD has in them ?

How much of the value of the premium priced mowers is real and how much is perception ?
</font>

"Premium brands" and "expensive machines" are not necessarly the same thing; however, the "lesser brands" often do not bother to compete in the more high end markets, thus creating a bit of that perception.

Of course, if you decide you have enough acres, applications, or abuse to warrant a "expensive machine" is a bit of a different topic.

On the other hand, if you're looking at two machines with identical specs & different paint jobs, the overlapping parts count is probably amazing, but the price will be much closer too. Just to put some [completely random] numbers to it you might pay 10% more for the premium brand, half of which may [or may not] be unseen things like more welds, better bearings, or some gimmick feature.

There's a good example of Lesco [noted in a few Zturn threads] who subcontracted CC for some commercial mowers; no marketing and pathetic website, but looks like over 10% savings compared to CCs near identical machine; now there is some serious savings, and the one guy who's used it already sounds very happy.

Back to the more common [but semi-fictional] example, if that 5% is worth giving either you or your favorite dealer a warm fuzzy or if there are certain "premium" parts worth the whole 10% to you: hey go for it. Else it's $100 in your pocket. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chad

/ Why do you hate MTD? #212  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't see how a $3000 or $4000 mower could have performed any better.

)</font>

Look I'm done I never should have gotten into this thread.

I know my opinion seems to mean nothing here, but it seems this thread was begun to create the controversy that it has.

your opinion was formed before the post started and you will not be swayed in any way, That's fine but why start a discussion when you don't want to discuss.

You want to wage war and win proving to the world that your choice is best.

You are the equipment god who has ONE LINE veto power over any discussion.

Have you ever done the same work on your property with one of the (over priced) machines that you say will do the same job for thousands more?

If so I guess I need to keep working to pay for the over priced no better than I could get for thousands less equipment. and I'll go on wondering why lawn care professionals are so ignorant when they choose equipment.

If not??????????????

Like I said I'm done.

I will not respond no matter what is said.

/ Why do you hate MTD?
<font color="blue"> but it seems this thread was begun to create the controversy that it has. </font>

You couldn't be more WRONG.

<font color="blue"> You want to wage war // and win proving to the world that your choice is best. </font>

What war /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif ?? // Oh really? The decision I made to buy MTD was/is for my personal use only. I never mentioned ANYTHING about commercial use, nor did I say my choice is the best. My personal opinion is that for the average homeowner MTD is a good bang-for-the-buck unit and that I've had no issues with it.

<font color="blue"> your opinion was formed before the post started and you will not be swayed in any way.... </font>

Not at all. I've read in many-a-threads with people saying, "stay away from MTD, don't buy MTD, MTD is junk......." with no explanation for saying this. I'm just looking for clear-cut answers as to why they say this, hence "Why do you hate MTD?"

/ Why do you hate MTD?
<font color="blue"> I will not respond no matter what is said.</font>

GOOD. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Why do you hate MTD? #215  
It is amazing this topic has not been closed yet. If it was Amsoil based or synthetic oil, whoa look out.

Here is the way I see both sides of this pictures and I will use both you guys for examples. BRIGUY & GerardC.

GerardC states, “My personal opinion is that for the average homeowner MTD is a good bang-for-the-buck unit and that I've had no issues with it.” He feels that for the price it is good.

I do not know 100% on what Briguy states/thinks but he I think we (hope he does not get upset) are average’s homeowners here and we both know the MTD is well not up to par compared to our little cheaper BX22/23. Our BX’s are a great deal for the average homeowner that wants a good little tractor. So now I guess MTD is in the market with the Kubota. Again you get what you pay for. If you want a throw away unit, then for the price the MTD can’t be beat. In todays works, price win every time. MTD’s are cheap initial cost and it is works, free money. If it breaks (when), there goes the profits you saved or tried to. If the word cheap bothers anyone I will say attractive price.

My wife’s works for Agway which sells items (tractors etc) which are 99.99% MTD and put it this way, people working at Agway will not buy them. Even if we personally where given one (which I am sure we could get one for free) I would not take it ; based on the track record when I worked at Agway, no thanks. When my BX22 mower deck alone cost double what the complete MTD unit cost, you get the picture. Again I worked there and they repaired MTD, Agway, Yard Machines, white mowers etc and lets say the quality is right at Wal-Mart’s level. The units came in for repair from average homeowners like popcorn. Unreal on the fix price vs new ratio.

If you think or anyone thinks that $999.99 is a great deal for a lawn mower that is great. There are people that have them and think they are the best mower in the world. There are others that have had them and think they are junk. Looking at it from an engineer standpoint, I would not buy one. Look at it from what I have seen for repairs, nope.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/mtd_riding.html

That is it, I am selling my Kubota for a MTD.

/ Why do you hate MTD? #216  
This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.