Why don’t you own a toothbar?

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #31  
This may sound awfully picky, but all the tooth bars I've noticed for sale mount with little tabs on the ends, which looks very flimsy to me. My (straight) bucket edge is nice and sturdy and has 5 bolt holes, and it just looks to me like those would be the only decent way of mounting a tooth bar.

If I knew of one with matching holes, or one where you specify hole locations (like my urethane bucket edge), or even one where I was sure I could drill the holes myself (meaning the backbone of the tooth bar covered the hole areas properly), I'd probably spring for it.
Those little tabs just keep it from pulling off when back bladeing. The tooth bar does not just sit on top of the bucket cutting edge, each tooth shank has a slot under it that wedges under the bucket cutting edge. These are the same shanks that go on excavator buckets, you are not going to break these off with a compact tractor loader.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #32  
Not sure if this is the style of tooth bar you would want
Well, maybe.... but the main thing is you've shown me exactly the kind of mounting means I was looking for. Thanks! It's now officially a possibility!

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #33  
Why do you not have a toothbar on your bucket?
Last summer I got a two sided tooth bar with course and finer teeth spacing. Cleaned and re-graded my old gravel driveway surface before taking delivery of 13,000lbs of 3/4" crushed rock road base. The driver offloaded several eight-foot wide lanes about 3" thick. The tooth bar easily spread that new gravel. 3-4 hours on an area up to 25 feet wide and about 80 feet long. Could never do that with the other attachments I have for the 3pt. Best part is not having to turn around in the seat to see what divots I accidentally put in the driveway. Back up, with the bucket down, and drag it back into the hole!

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #34  
I put teeth on the bucket for my backhoe, but haven't really noticed a difference. It's 80HP and 2WD. The rear tires still spin, and I still have to "work it" to get a full bucket.

My 70HP 4WD tractor doesn't have any teeth on the bucket and it's a lot easier to get a full bucket, or even dig with the bucket.

I don't see any harm in adding teeth, but I don't really see any benefit either. What I should of done was buy a 4WD backhoe!!!!!!

I have a little John Deere x595 with a loader that could use some teeth if I actually wanted to dig with it. So I bought some...in the form of a 4WD backhoe, lol. And no, that (Ford 555D) does not need any teeth to dig with the loader bucket - in any soil I've run across, anyway. I use the hoe for bulk moving and rough grading, then fine tune with the little tractor and a box blade. They work pretty well together.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #35  
For TBN longtime members… going way back.

Markham Welding (Gator Attachment LLC) toothbar for me and couldn’t be more pleased over the last 20 years of using it on the BX.

Perfect for digging into piles of rock and hillsides.

Lots of Markham sales through TBM including their $900 grapples.

Seems to be a common pattern of great small family owned business when it’s time to move on as too often the customer service drops and the magic is gone…

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #36  
I got mine from Markham Welding many years ago, excellent fit for my BX and tough product. ( Had it shipped to closest city to my Border town then I retrieved it into Canada no duty was asked for. )

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #37  
I have a 60" bucket with tooth bar for hard digging and a 72" flat bucket for everything else

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #38  
This is the piranha tooth bar that I have works great as I can break
up the cactus and get a full bucket instead of using a shovel to; help
fill the bucket

willy

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #39  
This is the piranha tooth bar that I have works great as I can break
up the cactus and get a full bucket instead of using a shovel to; help
fill the bucket

willy
I have one on my 72” bucket and have never removed it. Works well for my needs.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #40