Why I can't mow

/ Why I can't mow
Re: Why I can\'t mow

There may be some coneflowers in the photo. I have it all over (see attachment). I haven't planted any of these flowers. They are all natural. I am surprised every year because something new and spectacular shows up. Some of these seeds need to be scarified to germinate, and my driving my tractor over them when I mow (if I ever get to do it again) probably is abrasive enough to make them germinate./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

P.S. The yellow blooms you can see in the grass below the coneflowers are prickly pear cactus blooms.

JimI

Attachments

• 35-49921-coneflower.JPG
    35-49921-coneflower.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 106
   / Why I can't mow #12  

JimI

Gonna try to attach a photo for ya. We'll see how well I did. Is this a reason not to mow?

SHF

Attachments

• 35-50008-house90.JPG
    35-50008-house90.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 68
   / Why I can't mow #13  

Oops! Wrong one.

Attachments

• 35-50009-house89.JPG
    35-50009-house89.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 80
   / Why I can't mow

REALLY COOL!/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I see you have the same "affliction" I do, SHF. Nice job on the photos./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimI

/ Why I can't mow #15  

Hey Jim...

How come y'all got all the purty flowers down in Texas 'n all we got here in Arkansas is the ticks, fleas, 'n chiggers?
tonguea.gif

How bout ship'n me some seeds so I can quit having to spray Diazinon all over the place /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif.

FarmerBob

/ Why I can't mow #16  

JimI,

Yeah, but I don't have the really cool stuf growing that you do. Thought about growing Coneflower commercially. Even tried a few plants... Well, maybe they'll do better out at the farm. I'll give it a shot next year /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. I DO however, have a heck of a lot of St John's Wort, at least that's what my wife calls it, (I call it that little yellow flower on the fuzzy lookin bush). /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Darn stuff is coming up all over, spreading like wild fire.
Hmm, Maybe I got a crop after all...

SHF

/ Why I can't mow

I noticed Home Depot had coneflowers for $4.43 for a 1 gal. pot. AAARGH!/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif I missed my chance to get rich again!/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

JimI

/ Why I can't mow #18  

Potted for $4.43 isn't bad. You checked what you can sell those roots for?

SHF

/ Why I can't mow

Coneflower roots, or Saint John's Wort? Wouldn't it be a "hoot" to make money off of a bunch of wildflowers? Now you got me thinking...hmmmm.

JimI

/ Why I can't mow #20  

A couple of years back I checked out a bunch of those ads you see in the back of magazines where people are advertising for "wildcrafters". You'd be surprised what they're willing to pay for. Even some of the poison stuff! Milkweed, Dandelion, Sassafras leaves. Some gets exported, some gets used here. There are people raising Ginseng on small acreage plots (only takes a couple acres), and making enough to cover the tractor payments. From what I could find out about it, it looks easy. (Of Course, lots of things look easy till you try /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif).

SHF