Look what happened to my back field!

SHF

Attachments

• 35-51542-house102.JPG
    35-51542-house102.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 134
   / Why I can't mow
Re: Why I can\'t mow

Cool!/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif Looks like your season is about 2 or 3 weeks behind ours. Keep those pictures coming (and ID the flowers if you can). I have a blue/red season, a white season, a yellow season, and a purple season. This looks predominantly white to me.

JimI

/ Why I can't mow #23  

Most of that white stuff is gonna stay all summer (and then there'll be OTHER white stuff all winter /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif). So is the purple stuff. The yellow stuff changes from one yellow one to another. The red stuff out there I haven't seen before and have no idea what it even is. The field has changed alot since last year. There's new stuff coming up all over. This was all corn in 1998 and when they were done harvesting, they turned the field over and left it. I suspect it had been sprayed with herbicide, because only the high ground grew anything in 1999. The low ground killed everything that started there, except for 2 blackberry bushes and 2 asparagus plants. I figure maybe it was herbicided and everything ran down to the low ground in the rain. Even grass wouldn't grow there. Now it seems to be coming back and there's stuff popping up on the low area that isn't growing anywhere else.

SHF

/ Why I can't mow

Lots of wildflowers need to be near the surface and also scarified to germinate. Not having cultivation (corn in '98) I suspect your ground got hard, and if you mow it and drive over it the seeds on the surface get scarified and also get just enough sunlight and nutrients to sprout. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimI

/ Why I can't mow #25  

Actually, that's better than my theory. I just figured they sprouted from left over cow doodie. Or, maybe the neighbor has been throwing stuff over the fence when I haven't been looking. One thing I do know, it GOING to get mowed (next year) /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. I brought some of those daisys back to the house to show the wife. The darn things went to seed in a vase and they got a ton of seeds.

Next year we'll be there all the time and it'll have to get mowed. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

SHF

/ Why I can't mow #26  

i probably wouldn't mow it, till i sprayed it so it wouldn't come back up. it looks purty, but sure cuts down on the grass for cows an donkeys.
heehaw

/ Why I can't mow #27  

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

How come y'all got all the purty flowers down in Texas 'n all we got here in Arkansas is the ticks, fleas, 'n chiggers?

<hr></blockquote>

I can relate to that.

I have been thinking about labeling my little portion of the ozarks, "Tick Mountain"
To bad there is no market for ticks. I would be a millionare!!!

Thank god for DET!

ticked in arkansas......