Tires Why not fill front tires?

/ Why not fill front tires? #41  
The preponderance of evidence and opinion seems to debunk the notion that any serious extra wear will occur with loaded front tires.

:D I found that using my tractor can cause wear.

Like Eddie said.

/ Why not fill front tires? #42  
If the tires are loaded to the top of the rim only, there is plenty of give left in the tire. I actually prefer the ride and handling of the tractor with the filled tires. If someone were to fill the tires solid, that is the only time that I can see that there would be a real problem.

Just my opinion.

/ Why not fill front tires? #43  
I grew up in Iowa and started operating tractors in 1958. At that time tractors were much smaller and lighter. 50hp was a big tractor. Carrying fluid in the tires was uncommon even then. Wheel weights were the answer. If front-end weight is necessary and you are not carrying external weights on a front bracket, install it. Fluid can be corrosive. This is simply a recommendation. Like George Carlin said, "go ahead and pray..what can it hurt"

/ Why not fill front tires? #44  
I grew up in Iowa and started operating tractors in 1958. .....Fluid can be corrosive. .."

Lots more non corrosive options today compared to CaCl. RimGuard and Windshield washer fluid are both non corrosive. For those in the South even just plain water is a viable option and essentially non corrosive.

There are some benefits to wheel weights but they can be quite pricey and are not available for all tractor models.

/ Why not fill front tires? #47  
I'm running a Kubota M5040 with Rimguard in fronts and rears. I found filled fronts w/ice chains give me more control/traction while doing snow removal with an 8' front blade. So far 300 hours with this setup and no problems. BTW, my dealer said he has never seen a problem develop from using filled fronts and he's been doing this over 25 years.

Terry

/ Why not fill front tires? #48  
Loading of the front tyres does nothing for stability as the front axle pivots on the center pin . If you ever get to a position where it does help you , get ready to hang on as the axle stops are pretty high up :D .

/ Why not fill front tires? #49  
It is obvious by the number of post on this topic that our forum is divided on this topic. My personal opinion is like one member said quoting George Carlin, What can it hurt. It may or may not add to stability, but it for sure adds some traction. I think is is preferable to add 50# of weight to the tire rather than hang it on the frame as far as wear goes. As for dampening, the 25% air in the top will dampen quite sufficiently and I have never heard of water creating a problem with steering stability in a tractor. I cant believe that it would even be noticeable on one of these small CUT or SCUT since they at most would only hold 4-5 gallons of liquid and many of them less than that. Folks talk about wear on the tires: most of the wear on a 4WD front tire is from the overspeed ratio of the front to the read tire. It is set up to run a little faster than the rear when new like 1.02 to 1 or something like that. As the front tire wears from this minute slipping, then the ratio keeps getting closer to 1:1 and the wear slows down. I personally wouldnt buy any tractor if the dealer told me I couldnt load the front tires. I would simply tell him that if his tractor is designed so light that adding 50# or weight to the front is going to damage it then I dont want it because I plan to put more than 50# in my FEL which would be the same axle loading regardless of where the load came from.
That is just my 10cents worth.

/ Why not fill front tires? #50  
Foam filled front tires = less front flat tires ????