Why wont the MMM lock in the top position?

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #1  

okie350

Silver Member
Tractor
L3010 & BX2200
BX2200 with 60 " mower deck. will raise to the #4 position but will not lock in the "top" position, this just started yesterday. I can get it to lock IF I pick up on the deck while operating the hydraulics.

is there an adjustment or could something have broken? it raises fine just wont go to and latch at the top.

Thanks in advance

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #2  
BX2200 with 60 " mower deck. will raise to the #4 position but will not lock in the "top" position, this just started yesterday. I can get it to lock IF I pick up on the deck while operating the hydraulics.

is there an adjustment or could something have broken? it raises fine just wont go to and latch at the top.

Thanks in advance

If your BX2200 is like the newer BX's, there's an adjustment nut to fix this. Had the same issue on my BX1850 (before I traded it for an 1860). From the back of the tractor, on the top left side of the 3PH shold be a trunion and locking nut that adjusts the travel of the mower mid lift arms. I forget which way you need to adjust it to make it raise higher, but loosen the lock nut then play with the adjuster nut until it raises all the way to "TOP". Good luck.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #3  
Thanks for the answer, because I have a hard time getting mine to lock in the up postition also.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #4  
Oftentimes when my BX2200 would not lock in the "top" position on mine, I would rev the engine and hold the 3-point lift lever in the "up" position longer than normal and that would work as that is what my dealer advised. Under "normal" conditions this won't be necessary if you adjust your linkage correctly, but occasionally it wouldn't do it, so I did this and it worked.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position?
It has never been difficult before, other than lifting up slightly to change settings, as I say, it started yesterday. I will look at it tonight and see if i can find where the adjustment is, but something tells me I will have to remove the seat and fenders, maybe even the fuel tank, as there is NO ROOM under there.:( please say it ain't so

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #6  
No, you won't have to remove all of that stuff.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #7  
Agree with Triple R, no parts to remove at all. In fact, if you look through the wheel well of your left rear tire (viewed from behind) you should see the linkage connecting the 3PH to the MMM lift arms. Just follow that to the back of the tractor - again, assuming your's is the same as the current models, which I'd bet it is.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #8  
I had the same issue and made a post on it. The I had to remove the net and then screw in the bolt all the way. Once I did that, I was able to get the deck to move up to the top position. However I am scared that I will not be able to make an adjustment anymore in the future.

okie350- just look in the back of the tractor on the left hand side and you will see a smallish bolt in a slide mechanism for the deck. just tighten in the bolt just enough to move deck to top position

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #9  
What do you guys mean by left? On a 2200, if you're sitting in the seat the mower lift adjust is on the right hand side. There is a bracket bolted to the right hand lift arm. I suppose it's left if you're facing the tractor.

If you're interested, I did a post on this same problem with my 2230. It's a little long winded but has pictures of the 2200 style adjustments.

mmm top lock questions

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #10  
when you are looking at the rear of the tractor, look to the left before to get to the tire. The manual "one time" adjustment is there. Not the dail knob from seat. refer to the pic I just attached.

Attachments

• mower top height adjustment.jpg
    mower top height adjustment.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 674