Why wont the MMM lock in the top position?

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #11  
On the BX 00 & 30 series the adj is on the right, on the 50 & 60 series it's on the left.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #12  
when you are looking at the rear of the tractor, look to the left before to get to the tire. The manual "one time" adjustment is there. Not the dail knob from seat. refer to the pic I just attached.

That's a real nice picture of what his BX2200 doesn't look like! His adjustment is on the right and it doesn't even look like the BX24 adjustment mechanism. It's just a long rod through a pivoting joint attached to the lift arm with a couple of jam nuts on the back. Much easier to adjust than the BX24 and 50/60 series machines. Incendentally, the bx22 and bx23 are also on the right.

I read your post on the "one time" adjustment. Good idea and solution for your setup, but it just doesn't apply to his machine.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #13  
Radioman - Didn't mean to be a smart @&&. Been outside arguing with the guys excavating my driveway. That's a story for another post in another forum.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position?
Thanks for the responses. However, I have nothing in the back that resembles the picture posted.

Oops, I see that has been mentioned. Anyway I was using the picture posted so did not look on the right hand side, and i was using a flashlight in the dark. By chance does anyone have a picture for the right hand side (BX2200) ? Should it look like the picture posted or completely different

On edit. Does anyone no what the part number for blades of this mower is?

Last edited:
   / Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #16  
Sorry for the dumb question. but what do you mean by "locking in the up (or any) position"?

Are you saying that the MMM can be fully raised, then locked there somehow? I hope so, because that sure would be nice!

BTW - I own a BX1830

thanks!

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #17  
Yes, when the dial is placed in "TOP", your deck will stay there while your 3-pt hitch will raise and lower.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #18  
That's a real nice picture of what his BX2200 doesn't look like! His adjustment is on the right and it doesn't even look like the BX24 adjustment mechanism. It's just a long rod through a pivoting joint attached to the lift arm with a couple of jam nuts on the back. Much easier to adjust than the BX24 and 50/60 series machines. Incendentally, the bx22 and bx23 are also on the right.

I read your post on the "one time" adjustment. Good idea and solution for your setup, but it just doesn't apply to his machine.

Thanks for the correction guys. I didn't realize that the earlier models were difference hence the reason why the OP was confused. I was only hoping he could use my pic as a reference as a starting point to figure out how to get his fixed. OKIE- hopefully you can find it on the right side. I wish i had a pix for you.

jimmner- it doesn't really lock the MMM per se - but rather keep the MMM in the up position while you are lowering your 3 pt hitch implement. Its pretty useful when using the rototiller in garden :rolleyes: or using BB when going over hump of dirt/gravel and need the extra clearance.

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position? #19  
Yes, when the dial is placed in "TOP", your deck will stay there while your 3-pt hitch will raise and lower.

DOH! Don't I feel stupid now :eek:

Thanks. Wish I would have known that a couple weeks ago while I was rototilling :eek:

/ Why wont the MMM lock in the top position?
I found the adjustment on the right side, but have not adjusted it yet. I have the deck off so I can replace the gearbox bracket when it comes in.

It will lock in place without the deck on so i will not try and adjust it untill I get the deck back on.

The thing that is puzzling is why would it do it all of a sudden? when you look at the adjustment rod it seems almost inpossible for it to get out of adjustment.