Wider Rear tires on a 755 ?

/ Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #1  

Kevin M

Gold Member
Tractor
48" bobcat walk behind , 60" Dixie Chopper Classic , 755 John Deere 4x4 70 ldr belly mower etc etc , 7610 Ford 4x4 7412 ldr and 10 ft rhino hogg
Right now my 755 has the original 33x12.50x15 Turf tires on the rear and the 23x8.50x12 on the front. I would like to find a set of 15x13 650 rims and put 33x15.50x15s on the rear. I mow a lot of slopes and would like the extra stability anyone see why this wouldn't work, Maybe clearance issues ?

/ Wider Rear tires on a 755 ?
The only thing that I can think of being an issue is maybe the rear mower deck wheels. I already have the current tires in the wider position with no problems.

Anybody know of a set of 15x13 rims ?

No comments? I'm surprised.

/ Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #5  
No comments? I'm surprised.

Shouldn't be...755 is a great machine, but pretty old now. Doubt if many folks ever went to anything but stock rims.
You might have better luck looking for wheel spacers.

/ Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #6  
What Roy said......... Sounds like wheel spacers may be the easiest, cheapest thing to experiment with. And easiest to resell if you don't choose to keep using them.

I have an older JD855 with 33" rears. Have them, and fronts, turned to the "wide" setting. Clearance on 60"MMM is as it should be.

Works well enough I'm going to use it as it is until it drops.

Good luck
Wyo

The 650 and 750 came with wider turf tires then the 55 series tractors and apparently have the same bolt pattern. I was just curious if someone else has done this ? I love my 755 !

I know the front bolt pattern is different.

/ Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #9  
Kevin-
What mower deck do you have? I have the 60 inch mid mower on my 755 and my tires interfere with the mower rear wheels if not in the narrow position.

Wow Jerry , That's strange ? I do have the 60 inch mower and I do run my rear tires in the wide rear position. Its close, But it doesn't hit ???