Wider Rear tires on a 755 ?

/ Wider Rear tires on a 755 ?
Jerry I still have your Email address I will take some pics tomorrow and send them to you. Maybe different years used different wheels

Jerry I still have your Email address I will take some pics tomorrow and send them to you. Maybe different years used different wheels

/ Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #13  
Here's a picture of the right side of mine. The tires are in the narrow position, and I think this is the side that interfered. There is more clearance on the left side. If I get a chance this weekend, I may try again.

Attachments

• image-3704243880.png
    image-3704243880.png
    899.2 KB · Views: 170
   / Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #14  
I have had my rear tires in the wide position since the tractor was new and never had any clearance problems with the 60 inch deck.

Attachments

• Deck clear right.jpg
    Deck clear right.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 243
  • Deck clearr left.jpg
    Deck clearr left.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 162
   / Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #15  
Jd755 is your deck raised or lowered in that pic? I just turned my right rear to the wide position and it only clears the deck by about 1/8" when the deck is raised. I think I considered that too close. Tomorrow I will cautiously test and post more pics.

/ Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #16  
The deck is down in those pics. The right side is the one with the least clearance. When down it is about one and a quarter inches, and when up is about three quarter inches. So it is close and is probably the least acceptable clearance.

Attachments

• Deck down.jpg
    Deck down.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 105
  • Deck up.jpg
    Deck up.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 108
   / Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #17  
Well I didn't even attempt to test mine mowing with the wheels in the wide position. I was afraid I'd bend or bust something in a moment of forgetfulness. The picture below shows the lack of clearance on the right side. I'm going to review the mower deck set up procedure to see if I can pull it forward slightly with the front mount. For now though, since I have such a backlog of outdoor chores from all the rain we've had, I'll keep on using it narrow like I have for the past 20 years.

Attachments

• image-2997901422.png
    image-2997901422.png
    943.3 KB · Views: 121
   / Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #18  
I agree that is way to close to use. I had the same thoughts about possible adjustments on your front bracket. Although it is possible that might only cause it to change the deck angle with little or no gain in forward position. That would certainly be an experiment that can wait for chores to be done first, but I would be interested in the results.

/ Wider Rear tires on a 755 ? #19  
I just noticed from the pictures your deck looks different from mine. That may be the real issue.

Attachments

• Deck clear right.jpg
    Deck clear right.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 95
Do you know what year your tractor is ? Mine is a 95 and also looks a little different too. The one I have looks more like Mr 755'S

Last edited: