Wife Destroyed Brand New S240 Sport -- What to Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Wife Destroyed Brand New S240 Sport -- What to Do? #81  
Its not just the Green owners.
Most owners of other brands colors also often take offence when criticized. No difference.

So true. People in general are insecure about stuff like this. If there was any doubt see the Dodge/Ford/Gm threads. Johnny says somethign about brand X. Then Jimmy, a brand x owner, gets his feelings hurt over the comments and insults Johnny and his brand Y mower. Bla Bla Bla.
The rest is history.

As far as JD goes they make top of the line farm tractors but also compete at big box store price points on things like lawn equipment and even things like apparel and toys. Many other companies sell different levels of equipment. Stihl for example has $1,000+ saws designed for logging applications, as well as a cheap homeowner level saw for less than $200.

/ Wife Destroyed Brand New S240 Sport -- What to Do? #82  
I am not the least bit embarrassed
I am glad you work for JD, I am sure you have greene blood
:rolleyes:

And I guess from your post you must be ok with a brand new deck to fail in the first month of operation
I'm glad JD owners do not have high expectations of their toys

Now that is something I could get behind as far as being embarrassed about!

It is a shame it broke but abuse isn't the fault of the deck. It is just a shame he couldn't have gotten a couple years under it first, then it wouldn't be quite as painful.

I also worked at John Deere and I don't think they tested for heavy tree roots where the blade might hook and distort the deck.

I did already with mine, twice, hit a hitch sticking under the grass with a 62" deck that stopped the diesel cold. The heat treated thick blade bent pretty bad but the deck didn't bend. But then it is an expensive heavy deck. Would I be angry if my deck would have bent, sure. Should I expect a cheaper thinner deck to bend from a hit like that? It is not surprising.

Not sure any other color of cheaper deck wouldn't have done the same thing.

/ Wife Destroyed Brand New S240 Sport -- What to Do? #83  
I would find it impossible to hang out in any other brand forums on TBN and ridicule anyone's troubles. But it takes all kinds, as we've found out. ;)

I do like the "green", but also like the performance.. still have my Dad's original 110 round fender which he purchased in 1965.

But also, have my complaints of some design changes by Deere engineers that I think have down-graded some of their products.

And just this morning, changed out a mower deck blade that I found bent, likely due to trying to mow an oak branch that wouldn't give in to being chewed up and spit out. I mow over branches as it helps keep the deck underside shiny, IMO.

/ Wife Destroyed Brand New S240 Sport -- What to Do? #84  
So true. People in general are insecure about stuff like this.

As far as JD goes they make top of the line farm tractors but also compete at big box store price points on things like lawn equipment and even things like apparel and toys. Many other companies sell different levels of equipment. Stihl for example has $1,000+ saws designed for logging applications, as well as a cheap homeowner level saw for less than $200.

I know I don't feel insecure about buying Deere in any way. But you do get tired of the BS and sometimes I call them on it. Deere owners are held to a double standard it seems, you are not allowed to say you like their products without being criticized or this BS about bleeding green.

Lots of companies make cheap stuff and better stuff, the low priced Deere mowers are no better than MTD brands. My x749 and x758 have been very good mowers and I am well pleased with them.

When looking for the smaller backhoes years ago I gave JCB a good look as they had some good fresh designs. I liked what I saw but it was a long way to the dealer and was not quite what I was looking for.

/ Wife Destroyed Brand New S240 Sport -- What to Do? #85  
I know I don't feel insecure about buying Deere in any way. But you do get tired of the BS and sometimes I call them on it. Deere owners are held to a double standard it seems, you are not allowed to say you like their products without being criticized or this BS about bleeding green.

Lots of companies make cheap stuff and better stuff, the low priced Deere mowers are no better than MTD brands. My x749 and x758 have been very good mowers and I am well pleased with them.

When looking for the smaller backhoes years ago I gave JCB a good look as they had some good fresh designs. I liked what I saw but it was a long way to the dealer and was not quite what I was looking for.

Insecurity is the root of all these brand arguments. Doesn't matter if it's John Deere vs Brand x mowers or Chevy vs Ford pickups. Everybody thinks thier brand is the best. People get all upset and things end up in personal/brand insults just like they did here.

/ Wife Destroyed Brand New S240 Sport -- What to Do? #86  
It seems sometimes these things take on a life of their own. Do all you commenters realize the OP has not posted since about May 24 and here we are on August 15 - 85 posts and looking like no end in sight.

I can understand the red / blue / orange / whites that come on this forum and offer constructive input.

Despite many years on Internet forums, I have yet to understand the red / blue / orange / whites whose only purpose in commenting seems to be to create dissension, to create an argument and in spite of their professed good intentions, show themselves to be nothing short of pathetic a**holes. If your life is so empty and meaningless that Internet trolling and arguing and disrespecting the choices of others is your only source of entertainment, I truly feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
   / Wife Destroyed Brand New S240 Sport -- What to Do? #87  
If your life is so empty and meaningless that Internet trolling and arguing and disrespecting the choices of others is your only source of entertainment, I truly feel sorry for you.

Ahh but sometimes it's just so much fun to see if you can't get somebody hot under the collar.

/ Wife Destroyed Brand New S240 Sport -- What to Do? #88  
Ahh but sometimes it's just so much fun to see if you can't get somebody hot under the collar.

If that's your source of entertainment, as I stated "if your life is so empty.........."

Status
Not open for further replies.