Wife gives dealership honest review

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #21  
Inspector, I've read here before where some people leave offended if they walk around a lot for a while and no one comes out to help. Everybody's different. I prefer your way. I like to kick the tires myself. Most dealerships have fences to keep everyone out while closed. My dealership hasn't resorted to this yet (small town). Hope they never have to. Some insurance companies require dealerships to have their products "protected"...Kyle

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #22  
So I tend to stick with the individual, even if the price is a little higher.
)</font>

SO , Have You picked an individual YET ?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #23  
This summer while looking for a small used excavator, I searched the internet, checkout Ebay, etc. Did my research and was ready to buy, called the local Bobcat dealer, they gave me approximate pricing on their used, which were rental units, went out to look twice, talked to the salesman each time. On the phone and in person had given them my name, phone number etc. They never did call me or give me a price.

A week later bought a used JD510D backhoe, which turned out to be more useful than the excavator.

Bottom line, they screwed up and lost a $20,000 sale. Maybe they have enough business without mine.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #24  
same thing happened to me, dealer was supposed to call in a few days, never heard from him till 3 months later. by that time i had already purchased. WHAT WOULD MAKE THEM CALL AFTER 3 MONTHS? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #25  
had the same problem to we had a warrenty problem could not get it taken care of so the next step is court will let the judge sort it out.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #26  
Interesting thread about customer dealer relations. In the FWIW department; the cardinal rule of marketing is "Find a need and fill it". The better the dealer understands what the customer intends use the product for, the better the dealer can match the customer's needs with a product. Then the old adage "Service Sells". In bygone years sales people considered service to be a necessary evil. This has evolved to recognizing that the Service Department is a highly effective customer relations department which can make or break a dealership. I've seen a lot of dealerships and how they interact with their clientele over the years. Those who know their customers always seem to be looking out for their best interests. Being an insider but yet an observer can be quite an education. Anyway, 'nuff said.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #27  
Wow! Restart of a 6 year old thread.

/ Wife gives dealership honest review #28  
I bought my tractor new in 2005. I wanted a JD so I went by my local JD dealership, wandered around the lot for 20 minutes on a beautiful day and finally went inside. I finally found a salesman setting at his desk, told him I was ready to buy a tractor and asked for help.
After a moment, he looked me in the face and said "to tell you the truth, I'm tired of selling tractors".

Needless to say, I went down the road and bought a quality tractor from someone with a smile on their face. They have continued to help and support me to this day.