Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor!

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #41  
Could you have your Wife talk to my Wife?

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #42  
Gotta love that Gal of yours. I'd be all for going bigger on the tractor but have you considered just upgrading to little larger on your lift cylinders? Don't know what you currently have but going from a 1.75 to 2" cylinder is a 1472# ( @2000psi) push increase per cylinder ( 1.5" to 1.75" @2000psi is 1271# increased push per cylinder). Just have to be sure the loader could handle the increased lifting ability. Here is a thread where Mars1952 upgraded his small Deere FEL. He also has a Youtube Video on the project. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/186398-upgrading-john-deere-loader-cylinders.html

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor!
Gotta love that Gal of yours. I'd be all for going bigger on the tractor but have you considered just upgrading to little larger on your lift cylinders? Don't know what you currently have but going from a 1.75 to 2" cylinder is a 1472# ( @2000psi) push increase per cylinder ( 1.5" to 1.75" @2000psi is 1271# increased push per cylinder). Just have to be sure the loader could handle the increased lifting ability. Here is a thread where Mars1952 upgraded his small Deere FEL. He also has a Youtube Video on the project. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/186398-upgrading-john-deere-loader-cylinders.html

I'm concerned about the rest of the equipment being able to handle the weight. I could feel the rear end become lighter with the last bale I moved even with over 700# in the ballast box. Thoughts of the front axle breaking or the frame arms buckling were crossing my mind as I was slowly backing down the slope to the feeder. A great sigh of relief when it was set with nothing broken. So I don't think I'll do much to increase the lifting capacity of the FEL; maybe get lighter forks or go to a single spear.

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #44  
Your wife told you to but a bigger tractor???? Does she have a younger sister???

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #45  
Always listen to your Wife:laughing:

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #46  
Im looking at this.....and I have one question? Are you at your dealer yet...? what a wife!!!:cool2:

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #47  
wife suggested we buy a motorcycle instead of the fishing boat I was whining about for months. went to the bike dealer within an hour after that comment, came home with the new ride. waiting (impatiently) for her to suggest the larger/newer tractor.

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #48  
geesh..that wife's a keeper. My wife was the one that told me to get the cab tractor.

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #49  
geesh..that wife's a keeper. My wife was the one that told me to get the cab tractor.
Same here, I was sweating my tail off on my old Yanmar and the wife tells me "Why don't you buy a tractor with a cab and AC so you don't sweat so much" Well it didn't take me long to go looking for one. A year or so after getting my LS, I sold that old Yanmar to my sister for a low price after I bought my B26 TLB. 2 tractors are useful, but 3 was pushing it a bit.

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #50  
Impressed with your wife but bet she figures a bigger tractor would save her having to come out and help. I know you have mentioned that you don't want to lift more weight with your tractor but just bumping up the pressure setting on your pressure relief would give you the 30-40 extra ponds of lift you need. A bit of extra weight or a buddy seat (for your wife) in the ballast box and away you go. :)