Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor!

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor!
Ok so it has been a little over a year since my original post. I've received a proposal from the nearest JD dealer and it was way too expensive IMHO. So we just bought smaller bales this past year.
Last Wednesday my bride tells me of a grand opening of a NH dealer not far away and we go on Saturday. End up buying a new 5' Bush hog to replace the 42 year old IMCO. I've gotten my dad's money's worth out of that sucker. Anyway while talking with the salesman he suggested a Mahindra 3616 with a cab once we described what we wanted to do and some of the issues with our current unit. Gonna go up to their other location later this week to check it out. Fortunately bride has not changed her mind. If I drag my feet a little longer she may be begging me to but something bigger.

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #52  
On paper the Mahindra 3616 is a good bump up from a JD790. However, I wonder if you wouldn't be looking to trade up again in the near future if you went with the 3616. I recently was in a similar situation. Not only did my wife say I needed a bigger tractor, but my mom did and my friend's 3 yr old son as well (sometimes 3 yr olds are about the most honest people you'll come across). Now I could make everything I do work with my old LB1914 (similar weight and lift capacity as the JD790) with a little creativity and some extra time. But I was pushing it a lot and was thankful that I hadn't broken it. When I finally decided to upsize I didn't want to run into the same problem again so I skipped the next frame size and went up two. The loaders 2 frame sizes up have serious capacity and make tasks that used to push the little tractor a walk in the park. And I get those tasks done 3 times as fast. As long as you have the space to operate/store a bigger tractor, you might be happier going a little bigger than the 3616.

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #53  
I was in the same exact boat!
I had a mahindra 2516 and wanted to upgrade to the 3616, my wife and parents said go bigger. I reluctantly did and I'm glad I took there advise!

Well I am expecting the delivery of a Mahindra 1535 HST later this week. Almost twice the loader lifting capacity than the 790 with 9 more hp at a rated lower RPM. Very well priced with 0% APR. Dealer offered just a little less in trade than I figured I could sell it outright. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #55  
Congrats Andrew!
Post some pictures when you take delivery!

WP_20150515_006.jpgWP_20150515_007.jpg,

The Deere on the dealers trailer and the Mahindra at home.

I've noticed that my right leg gets tired with the HST, it never had to work as hard as the left when on the tractor. Just need to get used to it. I do like the extra lifting capacity of the loader along with the weight and horsepower increase. It also does not smoke up the barn when first started which makes the wife happy.

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #57  
I have been happy with my 3016 from Burnip's too. Good folks over there.

/ Wife tells me that we need a bigger tractor! #58  
View attachment 425491View attachment 425492,

The Deere on the dealers trailer and the Mahindra at home.

I've noticed that my right leg gets tired with the HST, it never had to work as hard as the left when on the tractor. Just need to get used to it. I do like the extra lifting capacity of the loader along with the weight and horsepower increase. It also does not smoke up the barn when first started which makes the wife happy.

Very nice!!