Will cheap oil ruin my tractor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Will cheap oil ruin my tractor? #91  
It was a truck to get to work (16.3) miles per day, 4 days per week. Same roads etc. I towed yes, me and my dog for that time.

As I am sure the tolerance does add up but the tolerance buildup is so small it is not worth the tolerance study.

/ Will cheap oil ruin my tractor? #92  
<font color="blue"> the tolerance buildup is so small it is not worth the tolerance study </font>

Tolerance, in most cases, is what makes or breaks an engine. A little tolerance here causes a little there and so on.

/ Will cheap oil ruin my tractor? #93  
I disagree because of ring wear, for example diesel is so small it is not worth the time. The rpm’s are so low there is usually small wear (very small) unless after 250K miles is a different story. The only thing wear would do is bring down the TBN (small, maybe 0.1 or 2), fuel in oil goes up (to small to trace in test), viscosity goes down (nothing new) and the material/metal in oil go up in ppm (that is where the filter comes in).

Major screw-ups in the manufacturing or quality are to blame for engines, not wear.

Just my slanted view /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Will cheap oil ruin my tractor? #94  
U do need too stop posting i'm not the only one noticing your backward thinking. Sometimes ignorance is a bliss i guess cause common sense is not so common.

/ Will cheap oil ruin my tractor? #95  
Backward thinking??? Again I have data from oil tests where is yours!!!

Please stick to the topic at hand, if you have a problem PM me or take if offline. Look forward to hearing from you.... bye bye

Status
Not open for further replies.