Will cheap oil ruin my tractor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Will cheap oil ruin my tractor?
Slowrev:

I remember those cans. That's why I asked Bird if he still had any laying around. Good collectables. I think they are called "primitives"

I remember those metal topped/waxed cardboard sidded cans well. You open them with a screwdriver or a church key and what you didn't use, sat on the shelf in the garage and collected bugs, dust and assorted crud on the lid and inside!!!! Then when you poured out the contents at a later date, the oil came out somewhat lumpy. What an invention, the plastic oil bottle. Now the non-biodegradeable plastic is laying in landfills until the end of our reign on this planet!!!!

Grainger12002:

Right on brother. My wife has a honda quad. It gets the used drain oil from my Kubota. I don't notice that it comes out cleaner though!!

I found a great use for the used UDT oil. I use that for oiling my bailer chains, the ways on my machine tools and the balance gets to go into the tank for my neighbors waste oil furnace. So does the re-drained drain oil. By that time, it's REALLY used.

RaT:

Here in the Detroit area, we have Thunderbird.
"Whats the word? Thunderbird.
"Whats the price? 90 twice.
"Whats the reason? Tis the season.
"Whats the reaction? Satisfaction guaranteed!!!

One thing about T'bird, if you don't drink it, you can use it for carburetor cleaner!!

Dog Gone RaT:

I meant your F350. You'd better not have a 350 in a Ford, unless you did an engine swap. UCH!!

I always use dexron/MerconIII and change every 12K. No additives, just the filter too. By the way, The dexron I use is Ashland Oil.

RaT:
You are a kid yet. '49 for me. I think I probably smoked my first cigarette before you were born.

/ Will cheap oil ruin my tractor? #26  
Daryl, if you are 49 you would have been in the lowest grades of elementry school in the early 60's so I cannot see how you would know anything about a toilet paper oil filter /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Hmmmmmm, could you be confused? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif J

I grew up in the city. smoking was permitted at an early age!!

/ Will cheap oil ruin my tractor? #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I remember those metal topped/waxed cardboard sidded cans well )</font>

We used the same metal pour spout you opened the all metal cans with; carefully, and hoped the sides didn't collapse.

And yep, the toilet paper oil filter idea didn't stay around long.

/ Will cheap oil ruin my tractor? #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Here in the Detroit area, we have Thunderbird )</font>

When I first started on the police department, Thunderbird was the wine of choice for all the local homeless winos, but in later years "Mad Dog 20-20" passed it in popularity. I tried some Thunderbird once; think I'd rather drink kerosene, but never tried the MD 20-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.