Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks?

/ Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks? #1  

Chuck K.

Gold Member
Tractor
2009 M59 w/thumb
Having a tractor/trailer deliver 10 pallets of split faced blocks. Each pallet contains 72 blocks at 37#each = 2,664# plus pallet ~40# for total of 2,700# give or take a little

I have lifted a 500 gallon cement septic tank some large concrete culverts with out a problem but never knew the exact weight...

Worse case situation if it wont lift the full pallet I will have a few empty pallets on hand so I can lighten the full pallet until I can lift it.....

The ~5' height of deck of the trailer will not help matters... We will find out next week..:D

/ Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks? #2  
From Kubota Tractor Corporation | M Series M59 TLB

"Lift capacity to max height at bucket bottom midpoint 2976 lbs"

If you're using some forks, it's gonna be close.

Good luck, I hope things go well, that's a lot of grunt work to avoid.

Be careful -that much weight, that high makes for a tippy situation!

/ Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks? #3  
Good Evenin Chuck,
Im thinking some real significant ballast on your 3ph will really help ! ;)

/ Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks?
Yes I believe its going to be close for sure having the ability to lighten the load is a big plus, I dont wanna tie up the truck any longer than need be..

Yes lol... the BT1200 backhoe is a very suitable counter weight, if the FEL will lift it all will be good. We are doing it on a large cement driveway so once I clear the trailer I will lower the load to a couple inches off the ground and move them to a storage area.

/ Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks? #5  
Yes I believe its going to be close for sure having the ability to lighten the load is a big plus, I dont wanna tie up the truck any longer than need be..

Yes lol... the BT1200 backhoe is a very suitable counter weight, if the FEL will lift it all will be good. We are doing it on a large concrete driveway so once I clear the trailer I will lower the load to a couple inches off the ground and move them to a storage area.

;) .....................

/ Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks? #6  
Here is what I found out is the capacity of my L39, with 800 Lbs of wheel weights, my own design pallet forks, and the pressure relief set at 2800 Psig (5% over rated). I also have a small accumulator off the pump to dampen shock loads and have had no problems with pump or hydraulics at 900 hrs.

The max lift about 20" out from the edge of the bucket is 1800 -1850 Lbs. With my bucket forks I can lift maybe 100 Lbs more than the L39 will curl. For safe truck unloading, i.e. lifting 5' I would not want to lift more than 1500-1600 lbs. I figure the L39 could lift 2500 Lbs with a skidsteer fork set-up. The pallet forks are a few hundred lbs lighter than the bucket and the lift point is quite a bit closer to the pins.

I have found factor Kubota pressure setting are 100 -200 psi lower than rated. As delivered my L39 was a weakling. Check your pressure relief and with loaded tires and BH as counter weight.

If you have pallet forks, not bucket forks, lifting 2,700 lbs with the M59 should be no problem, provided the BH is attached and tires are loaded. My wheel weights are absolutely essential for safe operation. Kubota tractors are too light.
Hope that helps, good luck

Attachments

• DSC01862.JPG
    DSC01862.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC01865.JPG
    DSC01865.JPG
    542.3 KB · Views: 269
  • L39_Rock_w_PC75#1_6-16-07JPG.jpg
    L39_Rock_w_PC75#1_6-16-07JPG.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
   / Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks? #8  
Having a tractor/trailer deliver 10 pallets of split faced blocks. Each pallet contains 72 blocks at 37#each = 2,664# plus pallet ~40# for total of 2,700# give or take a little
We will find out next week..:D

Did they deliver? How did the M59 do? That's enough weight that it ought to at least take notice.
rScotty

/ Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks? #9  
I think Kubota under rates what their tractors will really do. I dont think you will have any problem. I would use a ballast box or counter weight.

/ Will the M59 lift 2,700# pallet of blocks? #10  
I've forked off a pallet of firebrick. Around 3900-4000 pounds I think. Couldn't lift it up off the truck, but could curl it off the bed, then back up, then lower it.

Even with the big box blade the rear wheels were light. But it did it. I wouldn't drive around with that load in the air, but 6 inches off the ground no problem