Backhoe Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ?

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #21  
I don't know about the post hole digger but the log splitter could be a problem. Splitter pumps are two stage. That 16 gpm is only 650 psi, to develop 30 tons of force they drop down to 3.5 gpm and 2500psi. It might be kind of nice to have extra speed when not digging but it might slow down to a snail's pace when under force.

Haldex Hydraulic Pump — 16 GPM, 2-Stage, Model# 1001507 | Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment

I'm not sure if a 9hp gas engine could put out enough gmp and pressure to do the job. You have to remember the torque of a 9hp gas engine is not the same as 9hp diesel.

Here's a nice looking pump.

Hydraulic Clutch Pump | Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment

It looks like it could easily be mounted on the Sammy's engine and I'm guessing that's an electric clutch on the front of it. It doesn't say what pressure it's rated for but 2500~3000 is what I'm guessing (would find out before ordering though). You could simply add a manual throttle control for the engine and a toggle switch to turn the pump on and off.

I would also look into adding a hydraulic bar or something to lift the front tires off the ground while digging. It would add weight to the front, something I think you will need while driving down the road. I often plant the front bucket into the ground to help stabilize the BH and make it that much harder to move the BH when digging in hard ground.

What would be really cool is if you made the BH removable and added a 3ph and a PTO. I bet you could make just as much money driving across town with a boxblade on the back to make a few passes to level a road. See how much help I am.

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ?
Ya Ya That may work Big thanks ;) 3ph and a PTO out the back mmmm sweet.. But I was just thinking of the backhoe be cazzzzzzz it will not need a 3pt and would not take a lot of work to do . just picked up my new tiller 42"and PH digger 9" today ;)all will fit in the boxvan to $1,800 is that a good price??

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #23  
If you do try it post some pictures!

/ Will this work with the BX24 backhoe ? #24  
As I recall, the BT601 hoe uses a relief setting somewhere around
1700-1800psi. Someone with a spec sheet handy can correct me.

My CADDigger was set at 1500psi, and I used a 10hp Tecumseh
motor to deliver about 4GPM. It was adequate flow rate for my 3" cylinders
(which are quite a bit bigger than the cyls on the BT at about 2.5" ID).
The designer said I only needed 8 hp for that flow and pressure, but
I had a 10hp engine lying around. These motors deliver their rated
power at 3600RPM, and they are LOUD. I initially used a 4-cyl M/C
engine, but the engine (air-cooled) got too hot, even using fans.
A water-cooled M/C engine would be the bee's knees (CX500!).

As for the Samurai (65hp, BTW), you can certainly drive a pump
off the crank pulley, and you can get one with an electric clutch.
Expensive. Another approach would be to use the front output shaft of
the transfer case to drive a low speed, high volume pump. That way
is can be enabled with a lever. You would lose the 4WD, however.

The HF setup is unknown as to pressure and volume. It is also $1300.
You can buy a new motor, coupling, and gear pump for under $500.