Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #501  
8.5 ft CM flat bed is life changing. I will never go back to a regular bed.

I wish I could get a mega cab and a 10 ft bed

Next time just get a cab & chassis with 84” C/A. That’s the best flatbed configuration For a farm/ranch truck.
Leaves room up front for large fuel cell and tool boxes.

/ Will UAW Strike? #502  
Next time just get a cab & chassis with 84” C/A. That’s the best flatbed configuration For a farm/ranch truck.
Leaves room up front for large fuel cell and tool boxes.

If I could find one 2wd with the 5.9 Cummins and 6 SPd I would in a heart beat

/ Will UAW Strike? #503  
Crew cab diesel/8'box...they are indispensable to the far-flung ranches here in Nevada, 100 miles and more from town. I see them pull in to town early on a Sunday morning...the whole family (sometimes more than 6 people) in the truck. After church services they fill the bed of the truck with whatever was on their shopping list and head back to the ranch. All the farm supply and hardware stores are open Sundays to accommodate them.
Definitely some people need those...others just want the biggest thing to show off. I'm sure no one here would be like that, but in the city there are a bunch of 'professionals' who drive oversized trucks. Don't tow, no kids don't DIY. They buy them to show how 'Texan' they have become since they moved here.

/ Will UAW Strike? #504  
Definitely some people need those...others just want the biggest thing to show off. I'm sure no one here would be like that, but in the city there are a bunch of 'professionals' who drive oversized trucks. Don't tow, no kids don't DIY. They buy them to show how 'Texan' they have become since they moved here.
Hey, I resemble that remark, although I am a native Texan. :LOL: My new grocery getter coming into the dealer. We were worried the strike would delay it. Although for full disclosure I do tow occasionally, headed out this morning to get square bales.

20230911_145319.jpg
20230911_150810.jpg

/ Will UAW Strike? #505  
Haha...if you tow (especially hay) I wasn't taking about you. I used to live in a burb over near TMS. Lots of doctors, dentists and pilots who NEVER use the truck as intended. Heck, the Realtor we used to sell our house had a beast like that putting on tons of miles 'showing houses'. Not sure what he was compensating for.

Trucks are awesome, mine is a gas hog (lets face it, they all are, mine more than most). I use it when I need it or when it is the only car we have available. I drove our kid car (2005 Matrix, manual) in town unless I needed the bed for something. Now that is in Lubbock attending TTU.

/ Will UAW Strike? #506  
It is common for the local horse people to haul a load of small square bales with a pick-up. They are quite constructive how they get that much in the truck...sticking out over the sides. :LOL:

/ Will UAW Strike? #507  
...and very little securment if any. I see that all the time as well as lost squares on the roadside. Because I do large rounds, not an issue here as my one customer, I, load his semi's for them and they get all strapped down for transport anyway and the couple 10 I get off my back field on every cut and put in the barn, they all get picked by people with pickup trucks and they fit quite nicely in the back, 2 at a crack on an 8 foot bed and still close the tailgate. Around here, selling rounds isn't an issue, unlike small squares which are and why I quit running them years ago. Too much manual labor and nickel and dime customers too. I have no patience for that crap at my age. Your hay is fine (not that they have a clue anyway) but it's never good enough so they want to low ball me (kind of like selling on Craigs list or FB marketplace). I've thrown more than a few buyers off the property in the past. Don't ever come back here with that attitude, in fact, don't come back at all.

/ Will UAW Strike? #508  
That's why I have 5 trailers, to keep the bed spotless. Preserves the grocery getter look. :D

Back to the thread topic, looks like the UAW is going to spread the love to vehicle owners on Friday.

"A week ago, Fain announced that there had been progress at Ford toward a settlement, and that it would not expand the strike there. But he said the lack of progress at GM and Stellatis meant that the union would expand the strike to 38 parts distribution centers at those two companies. The parts shipped from those locations go to dealerships to allow them to make repairs on customers’ vehicles."