windows 10

/ windows 10 #31  
I've been informed that I'm in the queue to receive the Win10 update... it must have something to do with the volume of upgraders and the original source. It can only do so much; 14 million upgrades on the first day, apparently.

I'll just have to be patient.

<sitting here, twiddling my thumbs>
Welp! That's enough... there's other stuff to do around here.

/ windows 10 #32  
No need to be patient. Click Here and download it.

/ windows 10 #33  
Been using a variety of Macs since 1989. I use windows for Fidelity's Active Trader Pro app, but on a Macintosh windows emulator.

I

/ windows 10 #34  
For the guys that have installed Win 10..... did you just do an update or did you do a complete hard drive reformat and do a clean install of 10?

Updated as well, no probs with any of my existing programs.

/ windows 10 #35  
Good to know... and glad to have people in the know posting at TBN

/ windows 10 #36  
I did the upgrade route, so far it's been pretty good other than it looks like I need to upgrade my graphics card.

I don't like the games section on 10 and I don't own an XBox, don't do Twitter or Facebook.

It seems like it boots up quicker but it'll take me awhile to learn the differences in accessing different features.

Microsoft Edge is a ton faster than the old IExplorer, I'm getting to like it almost as much as I like Firefox.

/ windows 10 #37  
No need to be patient. Click Here and download it.

Ta Mike... I tried your link and 'they' still said to be patient until it's my turn. They're doing it in "waves" & I guess Australia & other smaller population countries will just have to wait a wee bit longer. No queue jumping for me - besides, it's rude. :) She'll be right, Mate.

/ windows 10 #38  
Barnes & Noble's website shows Windows 10 for dummies will be available Monday, so I think I'll get it and read the book first.

/ windows 10 #39  
I have Microsoft office installed on my windows 8.1. Do you know if you will loose it with the upgrade of windows 10.
Then you have to reinstall it???
It's would be a pain in the butt if this happens. I just don't want to loose a half of a day playing with my PC.

/ windows 10 #40  
Ta Mike... I tried your link and 'they' still said to be patient until it's my turn. They're doing it in "waves" & I guess Australia & other smaller population countries will just have to wait a wee bit longer. No queue jumping for me - besides, it's rude. :) She'll be right, Mate.
My error. I didn't notice you're from Australia. The link I posted works for US customers.