Wing Plow

/ Wing Plow
Don
Right on, and the Prayer first :) They were answered today, and then some. The maiden run was everything I expected and more.

Put a short video on YouTube
YouTube - Wing_plow.MOV

Also took some pics of the wing stored on some dolly's for easy moving about, and a couple shots from the rear and the front while wing was pushing snow back further. Easy to feather the wing just enough to not break the rear tires away, and I am amazed at how much snow the wing will push. I extended the push bar out about half way.

Attachments

• 100_1575.jpg
    100_1575.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 100_1578.jpg
    100_1578.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 100_1580.jpg
    100_1580.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 1,085
  • 100_1588.jpg
    100_1588.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 3,170
  • 100_1587.jpg
    100_1587.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 1,555
   / Wing Plow #24  
Beenthere.
Outstanding..tip of the hat to you sir. :)

/ Wing Plow #25  
Very well done --- I especially like hoe you used the trailer hitch to create a ball joint! Very creative.

/ Wing Plow #26  
Is the angle adjustable in and out? Was gonna say maybe it looked like it could be out a bit more in the pics, though I have no experience with wing blades. Seeing the video looks like you have it close to the sweet spot, snow rolling off nicely :)

Where you have the chain you could make a rigid forked link, with adjustment holes, that would give a little more height adjustment options, (able to keep ballast box higher and blade lower) and prevent any float up and down with the chains slack (may or may not be desirable, again no experience)

You mentioned the desire to be able to adjust height at the front. 2" receiver tube would be ideal, slide the 2" OD inside the 2" ID and have pinnable adjustment holes. could also use that concept to adjust outward angle.

Seeing the video and the way you were plowing and winging at the same time would be great for real long drives or access roads.
The way I would envision using it on my shorter runs would be plow first with out the wing then come back with wing and plow up or even no plow and do some dedicated wing blading.
Just some thoughts :)

/ Wing Plow
JB
You have the right ideas.
The wing is adjustable in and out with the telescoping push bar attached to the drawbar and to the rear of the wing.

/ Wing Plow #28  
eager to see your rig in action. can you upload video? I will make the popcorn.

/ Wing Plow #29  
Beenthere:

You did an excellent job and I like how the short video illustrates how the wing complements your plow.

/ Wing Plow
eager to see your rig in action. can you upload video? I will make the popcorn.

Uploaded on YouTube. Is there a way to upload here as well?