WINTER - I thought it was over ?!

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?!
TSO, you git hit harder than we did. Hard to tell with all the drifting. I'm guessing about 4 or 5 inches here but had 2 foot drifts in the drive. I also had to deal with thawed soft ground under the snow. Appreciated my new homemade cab though even without the heater which I havent installed yet.

Hey, ain't no problem with a home made cab. I was gonna complete & redo the one I was building for the LS, but decided that after all the costs added up for what I wanted to do, I'd just spend the money in the factory one. I haven't seen the build thread on yours tho, do you have one?

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?!
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/300825-diy-cab-kubota-b2620.html

This is my build thread. A little more to do to finish it but it is still great to have it.

Looks great. I'll be interested too see how the plexi does. I was gonna end up spending more to use laminated glass for clarity, but considering all the projects I have going on, I just didn't have time to do it the way I wanted.

Vibration & noise reverberation were something I was dealing with as well. One of the things I was going to do to try to fix that was use expanding foam inside the framing.

Last edited:
   / WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #34  
Thanks. I posted another thread about sound damping. I got several good suggestions but I haven't had a chance (motivation) to get back to it yet.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #35  
Mother nature says its not over till she says its over.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #38  
Yesterday I hauled stone with my dump trailer to put on the drive. The -0 degree deep freeze and subsequent thawing took the bottom out of the drive. I was working the drive on the tractor wearing a tee shirt and actually got a little sunburn, it was 71 degrees. Now it is freezing and we have a little over an inch of sleet and snow on the ground. This all happened in a 24 hour period, this global warming sure is cold and getting old.

/ WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #39  
We only got about 6 inches today.My first year with my cab tractor.No regrets yet.Bought one of Michigan Irons 84 inch (hydro)front mount medium duty skid steer snowplow today for next years winter.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    961.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
   / WINTER - I thought it was over ?! #40  
TSO and you other guys in S E Michigan sure got hit a lot worse than we did. I'm about 10 miles south of Dayton (it takes me about 3 hours, 15 minutes to get from home to Ypsi) and we just got a light coating of snow but the roads this morning are reported with a lot of black ice on them. Of course, it's going to be in the mid-50s again tomorrow.

I'm just ready for it to stay warm for a while. This winter has been tough.