Winter in Maine

/ Winter in Maine #61  
Our ground is drying up here where I live in Aroostook county also . I have turkeys in my field now so I'm not sure how that is going to work out for this years garden .
We got a little bit of rain today; just enough to get the ground wet, and also to make me wish that I hadn't left my rain gear in the truck.

Tonight I'm going out to plant peas and 'taters, as well as the two fruit trees which were delivered today.

/ Winter in Maine
Still winter here --- Had a frost this morning and one a couple mornings ago that killed all my tomato plants that I even had covered with pails and one had a small tomato already on it . I went out and bought new plants this morning , hope they have time to produce .

/ Winter in Maine #63  
Ground is pretty dry, grass is drying up, had to install a couple of sprinklers already. I think its going to be a weird summer, last night got down to 35 degrees. New England is pretty tough in the winters.

/ Winter in Maine #64  
Still winter here --- Had a frost this morning and one a couple mornings ago that killed all my tomato plants that I even had covered with pails and one had a small tomato already on it . I went out and bought new plants this morning , hope they have time to produce .

You have plenty of time, especially since they're seedlings. We used to sell vegetables right up until July 4 and my father would keep flower seedlings until August, as there were always a few people who wanted them. They really don't start growing good until the ground warms up anyhow.