Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #1  

marcelPL

Silver Member
Tractor
iseki TX1500 and TX1300F
Like every winter i have problems starting both my iseki tx1300 and tx1500. Temperatures around 0 degrees Celsius now (=32 fahrenheit)

I fully charged both batteries. Also i have placed an extra ground cable from battery to the starter engine.

Still both machines will not start. Cranking is way to slow. One crank per 1,5 second.

Any ideas what i can do about it?

thx
M.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #2  
Some options are:
Add a freeze plug type block heater
Add a battery heater blanket
Keep the battery on trickle charge
Change engine oil to a lower "W"inter rating (ie: 0w30)
Also consider load testing the battery to ensure it's not nearing end of life.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #3  
Use a booster on the battery to start it; if there is a noticeable difference in how it starts, then I’d put a new battery in.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #4  
Back on the farm when it got below -20 we
Would start a small fire under em
Cows were happy they got fed
😉🚜

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #5  
Yes.. “hot” batteries are a must..a booster box is a life saver.!!
And I’ll betcha the oil is like syrup at those temps.. change to lower grade for winter..
Basically, do everything as previously suggested.. lol
Only thing I can suggest is, bump the throttle OFF OF IDLE..3/4 is usually enough.
Good luck

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #6  
I have an Iseki and it starts great in winter. Don't even use the glow plugs. Make sure your battery connections on starter are clean and a lighter grade oil helps. I replaced my battery 2 yrs ago and replaced the positive cable to a heavier one and cleaned it all up.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300
Some options are:
Add a freeze plug type block heater
Add a battery heater blanket
Keep the battery on trickle charge
Change engine oil to a lower "W"inter rating (ie: 0w30)
Also consider load testing the battery to ensure it's not nearing end of life.
This freeze plug type block heater sounds interesting. Did some google...

But should this be attached in some specific location? Do the iseki engines have some designated place for this? I checked the manuals, but cannot find anything on it...?

I already take out the batteries on both iseki's in winter, and keep them on trickle charge. And they are both less than 2 years old.

This load testing is also something i will look at. Not sure if my multimeter has this option , but it sounds interesting.

Thx!!

Only thing I can suggest is, bump the throttle OFF OF IDLE..3/4 is usually enough.
Good luck

What do you mean with 'bump off idle'? Sorry i am not native speaking english, my bad...

Use a booster on the battery to start it; if there is a noticeable difference in how it starts, then I’d put a new battery in.

Ok thanks, here is something i can start with. At least this will not cost me an arm and a leg. Already spent way too much money on these iseki's ;)

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #10  
“Bump off idle” simply means, raise the rpm’s/throttle off of low idle position before starting..
Hope these suggestions help get you going..

Here in the U.S. we have a discount tool store that sells tools mainly from overseas manufacturers..
You can buy a battery load tester for $25.00.. which is very inexpensive..yet simple to use..

Last edited: