Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #21  
Back on the farm when it got below -20 we
Would start a small fire under em
Cows were happy they got fed
😉🚜
That works so long as the motor isn't greasy or covered with oil. If it is, that 'little fire' can turn into a real blaze.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #22  
What always worked for me when they wouldn't start was a blow dryer or a heat gun directed into the air cleaner intake. A shot of warm air always did it.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #23  
I’ve never done this so take it for what it’s worth..
Try an electric timer.. like those for your lites..
The heater might pull to many amps tho.. so you’ll have to do some research..
Nothing worse than getting up and going outside in the cold, just to come back in, in 10 minutes.,( plug in heater)

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #24  
That works so long as the motor isn't greasy or covered with oil. If it is, that 'little fire' can turn into a real blaze.
So I should not drink next to the fo
Fire either dammit

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #26  
What always worked for me when they wouldn't start was a blow dryer or a heat gun directed into the air cleaner intake. A shot of warm air always did it.
I recall one time in Minnesota (at -40 deg) when my rental car's fuel line froze up, I tried thawing it with a hair dryer for a minute. It didn't take long to realize that I was getting maybe +30 deg out of the hair dryer and it wasn't going to thaw anything. I had my uncle drive me to the airport and when I told the rental company where their car was, they said they had dozens of them stranded like that.

But yes, a hair dryer down the air cleaner does work up to a point. I have done it myself.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #27  
Back on the farm when it got below -20 we
Would start a small fire under em
Cows were happy they got fed
😉🚜
That’s been done more than once. Ash bucket of hot coals also worked.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #28  
Cold weather starting:
quick and simple is to throw a tarp over the tractor and place a 1500 watt electric heater with fan under it. That’ll warm up the whole tractor.
Then there is a block heater or in-line hose heater. Those are quite easy to install.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #29  
Can always use a torpedo heater about 5-10 feet in front for a couple minutes.

/ Winter starting problems tx1500/tx1300 #30  
I ended up with all new frost plugs because none of my TA 247 plugs would allow the frost plug heating element. I found a lower hose heater with built in pump. It would warm the water and open the thermostat and circulate water ( kind of ) worked good to about 20 degrees F. Below that the tarp and heater method worked. Old method my grandpa used in northern MN. Tin garbage can cover with charcoal briquettes slid under the oil pan with tarp on top. I survived all that so now I just go south for the winter.