Winter, what a wonderful time of year

/ Winter, what a wonderful time of year #1  

Tor Arne

Gold Member
Tractor
Same Explorer 65, MF 135, MF 30, MF165, Volvo BM 55, Volvo BM 425, Volvo BM 2254, Terengmester skidder, Ford 3000, Fordson major, Derreng unknown model, IH B275, MAN 4R2, Gutbord sub compact.
Now I soon had enough of winter, tried to start the tractor yesterday and it went fast enough around on the starter but nothing happened. Ok found some working light so I could see what I was involved in, warmed air intake on the engine with propane and pressed a start button that is connected to the underside of the hood in the hope that something will happen. What I see is that the hose between the engine and the air filter is sucked flat. Last time I drove the air filter was filled with snow so now it is filled with ice and stuck in the house. And ofcourse the front loader in such Lifting position that I can not get the filter out to replace / dry it. **** I hate winter:mur::smiley_aafz::mur:

/ Winter, what a wonderful time of year #2  
Great story and I just love the "Norwegian accent"!

- Jay

/ Winter, what a wonderful time of year
Well after much cursing, I have managed to remove the air filter. I hold the lever to the front loader and turn the engine at the same time so I managed to lift the loader a few inches each time before I had to recharge the battery and try again. It only took four hours to get the filter out. Now I thought I should make a coffee doctor (a Norwegian specialty that includes coffee, moonshine and sugar) to get warm again.

I know that my english is not the best. Are mostly self-taught with the help of old Bruce Willis and Swartsneger movies, so I hope you guys can be forgiving with me

/ Winter, what a wonderful time of year #4  
Heck your english is as good or better than some of the members that grew up in the USA ! Which tractor were you trying to start and how cold is it there ? A great deal of the US is very cold , it does get old after a bit !

Heck your english is as good or better than some of the members that grew up in the USA ! Which tractor were you trying to start and how cold is it there ? A great deal of the US is very cold , it does get old after a bit !

I tried to start the Same. It's 10 below here now so it fels coold. Has been snowing continuously over a week, come nearly a meter of snow here

/ Winter, what a wonderful time of year #6  
Tor,

Over here in "Little Norway" (Minnesota, USA), it is no better. More -20F temperatures (with wind, of course!) predicted with no end in sight!

I guess the immigrants didn't want to stray too far from home, here in the American Siberia?

:cold:

/ Winter, what a wonderful time of year #7  
Thanks for the reply Tor. That is some real winter you have there ! Some days spring can't come soon enough !

/ Winter, what a wonderful time of year #8  
Very good English for a Norsman. That's a lot of tractors in your sig line, what do you farm?

/ Winter, what a wonderful time of year #9  
Tor, Bruce Willis speaks pretty good English, but Arnie S. not so much. :)
Enjoyed your story, I see winter troubles are the same all over. This has been the coldest winter we have had since I moved down here to Branson, Mo.
We are in the southern part of the state near the Arkansas border. Good Luck my friend.

Very good English for a Norsman. That's a lot of tractors in your sig line, what do you farm?

Hello I grow grass that I sell to people with horses. Are also working some agricultural contracting. And snow removal in Winter.

The reason for the number of tractors is that I collect vintage tractors. Some I bought, some I got for free and the rest I inherited from my father