Wood or wire mesh?

/ Wood or wire mesh? #12  
I also vote for wood. It's nice that it's so easily replaceable, and I don't have to store/remember a second floor to put over mesh. Also, I wouldn't use mesh as a tie down point.

/ Wood or wire mesh? #13  
Wood.

/ Wood or wire mesh? #14  
I have a converted boat trailer the has a 5'x15' wood deck. I have a friend with a mesh floor and he complains about it more often than not.

As for tying things down - I have 1/2" galvanized pipe with supports down each side. Haven't found anything I wanted to haul that I couldn't tie down.

I originally built the trailer for carrying carpet (that's why the 5x15 size) but I have used it for way more than carpet - I never lost any carpet off the trailer either :laughing:

When mine needed a new deck (it's NOT pressure treated) I replaced it with wood. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

/ Wood or wire mesh? #15  
wood :thumbsup:to haul stuff. expanded metal if your going to use it to cook on.

/ Wood or wire mesh? #16  
I'll clarify my previous post a bit.

If you're talking about the kind of trailer that sits out in front a a big box store or a farm store, you can have it, because it is almost worthless.

The top to my trailer is expanded metal that is close to 1/4" think. I have a Kubota B6200e that I've hauled with a tiller attached to the tractor, and nothing was sagging(the frame and all is stout). If you have something strapped down to its top, it will still be attached to the wreckage or what's left of it on the side of the road. :D

Choose the right trailer and 'mesh' top and you won't regret it. :thumbsup:

/ Wood or wire mesh? #17  
I have a small 5x10 utility trailer which an expanded metal floor in it that I use to haul an atv, yard waste, 8-10 ft lumber, etc, etc. I've had it for about 16 years now and it's all rusted up and looks like crap. Unless you plan on keeping it under a shed when not in use, I would go with wood. This way, if you keep yours long as I've had mine, it's easier to repaint, and replace the wood flooring so it looks nice. If I were to paint mine, it would be more hassle than one with a wood deck.

/ Wood or wire mesh?
Hey guys,

I just wanted to thank everybody for your opinions. I decided to go with wood and found one today that I think was a very good deal - about a year old and looked like new for $500(got to love craig's list).

/ Wood or wire mesh? #19  
Hey guys,

I just wanted to thank everybody for your opinions. I decided to go with wood and found one today that I think was a very good deal - about a year old and looked like new for $500(got to love craig's list).

Sounds like a great deal. Now we need pictures, its the RULE!

Chris

/ Wood or wire mesh? #20  
I am looking at getting a small trailer for times when a 16' is more than needed - mostly for things like a lawn mower or bags of mulch. I plan on getting a 5 x 8 and I was wondering what the advantages are of wood or wire mesh. They are close enough in price that if one is significantly better than the other I will go with that one. What do you guys think?

lawnmower and mulch?

expanded metal.

soundguy