Wood Working Routers

/ Wood Working Routers #11  
I didn't see where anyone else said this so it's worth mentioning that you always want to travel against the direction that the bit spins.

/ Wood Working Routers #12  
...Would the Porter Cable router outlined below work for me?

Many thanks....

Porter Cable: ROUTER KIT MULTI-BASE 2 1/4HP P/CABLE

I have that exact same router (except I only have a single base). I love it! The soft start feature is really nice. There's nothing like having your work all lined out and the router jerks as it starts to mess it all up. I haven't mounted mine in a table yet, though I have all of the the parts to do it.

2.25 HP seems plenty to me. I use some larger chamfer and ogee type bits, but I work mostly with pine. Any Porter Cable tools I have seem very well engineered and very well built.

/ Wood Working Routers
Got the router PC 895 Kit.
Now I need to buy or make a mounting kit for the table saw. The table extension has a hole plus the hardware but it doesn't work with the router set up.

Hopefully by tomorrow i will have things up and running.
Knotbored - great tip! I can run the panels through the saw and finish on the router.

Lloyd

/ Wood Working Routers #14  
I think you've made a good choice.

Personally, I wouldn't mount my router on the table saw. While it seems like a good use of the fence and table space, etc, the best router tables are long, preferably 6 foot or so. If you think about it, the router is more like a jointer than a saw. The longer the bed the happier you'll be. Still, if you're very short of space it may be you're only option.
It's also nice to be able to use the router set up without readjustment just because you need the saw for something else.

Just my opinion.
Cliff