Woodsplitter Build (Timberwolf clone)

/ Woodsplitter Build (Timberwolf clone) #61  
How does the out feed system work in real life ? I have a tw5 with a home made table like yours and I am thinking of making an elevator or a feed table - just curious how yours has worked .

Splitter season again.

Did a few mods and repairs including installing a new pump and autocycle valve under warranty. I also put additional support for the tank and motor mounts.

Straightened and re-enforced the tube outfeed. Previously it was regularly bent when wood would come off the wedge and catch the edge. The ramp/re-enforcement is made out of 1/4" thick steel

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

Painted and labeled control levers. This should cut down on grabbing the log lift lever and launching logs into orbit! I hope :)

IMG_4315.jpg

I also built a 3' outfeed extension. Hopefully this will get spits out further from my work area and allow me to get a bigger mound of splits before having to stack

IMG_4310.jpg

/ Woodsplitter Build (Timberwolf clone)
Both work excellent.

The longer outfeed is a real benefit. I couldnt imagine not being with the lift either.

That said, my next mod will be to make it a chainsaw powered processor like the Wallenstein models. Probably get at that next spring.

/ Woodsplitter Build (Timberwolf clone) #64  
Do you have any pictures of you out feed table in use ? or set up on the splitter ??

The outfeed is permanently attached. The far one does fold up when not in use. I will likely be reworking the outfeed tables to have higher sides as part of the conversion to a processor.

About the best I have for in use pics are these:
IMG_4622_zpsc909e652.jpg

IMG_4623_zpsf9b13f17.jpg

IMG_4624_zps2b4cb587.jpg

/ Woodsplitter Build (Timberwolf clone) #66  
The yellow thing at the end of the outfeed has to become a 150.00 hay elevator

/ Woodsplitter Build (Timberwolf clone) #67  
Nice build Scooby, I like it :thumbsup:

/ Woodsplitter Build (Timberwolf clone) #68  
Just picked up my toys to start getting in gear to build "stuff".Love your build and plan on doing my own copy with some changes.Anybody see any conveyor builds ? Thought about picking up an old hay conveyor to save on some fab work and go from there.

The yellow thing at the end of the outfeed has to become a 150.00 hay elevator

It became a $20,000 wheelbarrow :laughing::D
IMG_3555.jpg