work platform on truss boom

/ work platform on truss boom #11  
My butt got tight just thinking about using that ladder. Good idea on the lift. Now I know a very useful project to do. Kudos to you.:applause:

/ work platform on truss boom
Interesting! And how do you get into the bucket? Appears to be a challenge even near ground level.
at ground level it tilts about 40 degrees forward... before driving you tilt it up 3 meters so then its horizontal...

/ work platform on truss boom #13  
Just be sure to strap yourself in. A stray limb or hydraulic failure could cause the bucket to upset rather quick.

/ work platform on truss boom #15  
Was thinking of something similar and love the idea of using third function for the tilt. Great idea!

/ work platform on truss boom #16  
Dang. I like it, but it looks scary as........crud.

/ work platform on truss boom #17  
Picture 1 is scary just looking at it. But I understand the need to improvise. I really like what you did, that's basically what I would liked to have done minus the truss being that long. Maybe one day. Excellent build:thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments. Right now i dont have trees to trim, so i'll have to ask around at neighbours if they have treelines to trim, to keep our workshop warm, 2 winters from now. I want oak to dry at least 2 years, lighter wood like bird cherry and willows dry faster.

/ work platform on truss boom #19  
My boss had me make a fancy work platform to use with the tracked skid loader we used building houses. The platform was 11' long and had a frame that was long enough so that a 12v motor could spin it to just the right angle, from inline with the loader to any other angle you wanted. I was also the equipment operator for all of the equipment so I spent a lot of time moving the platform while others worked. One day we had a guy on the platform and as I was moving him I had to tilt the platform up so I was trying to feather the valve and get it to move very slowly. The guy started hollering hurry up, I don't have all day, so I tried to get to the spot where the valve opened a little quicker. I got there to quick and threw him about 18" up in the air and hurt his back, not bad but it was sore for a few days. That happened while I was trying to move it slowly. I say this to say, BE CAREFUL. That thing could easy kill you. The long lever speeds things up to the point you could throw someone out of the bucket. Trust me I know. Ed

The guy started hollering hurry up, I don't have all day, so I tried to get to the spot where the valve opened a little quicker. I got there to quick and threw him about 18" up in the air and hurt his back, not bad but it was sore for a few days. That happened while I was trying to move it slowly. I say this to say, BE CAREFUL. That thing could easy kill you. The long lever speeds things up to the point you could throw someone out of the bucket. Trust me I know. Ed

I know too. Thats why i have a zero tolerance policy for hollering bystanders when i am in the bucket. Violations will be punished by tossing a piece of wood. :)