Worried about HP..

/ Worried about HP.. #21  
If you multiply hours by 60 you get roughly car miles (60 miles per hour...) Not a perfect comparison, but it works. Just realize you are talking about a diesel truck, not a passenger car. 120,000 miles is juts getting a diesel broken in. So 1000 - 2000 hours is like 60-120,000 miles on a truck.

I think you'd want to multiply by something more like 35-40. I don't think very many cars average 60 over the span of their odometer readings.

/ Worried about HP.. #22  
Depends on if they are used most for highway driving or in town I guess. Kind of depends on what you think a lot of hours is too. If 10,000 hours is a lot of hours on a tractor and 450,000 miles is a lot of miles on a diesel truck, that would yield 45. Some people feel 7,500 hours is a lot on a tractor, that would yield 60. Some people feel 500,000 miles is a lot on a truck.... It's just a ball park estimate. YMMV

/ Worried about HP.. #23  
I think you'd want to multiply by something more like 35-40. I don't think very many cars average 60 over the span of their odometer readings.
Yep, my wife's vehicle has averaged around 38 miles per hour if you compare engine hours to odometer miles.

Aaron Z

/ Worried about HP.. #24  

Wife and I run mostly highway (diesels- lots of miles) and we record average MPH from our Ultragauges. We see right around 40 mph. We have some 70mph roads, but mostly 55-60mph. So, yup, I'd say that you're spot-on!