Would You Accept This As New

/ Would You Accept This As New #21  
How can Kubota's very spensive orange paint be crappy?
Its only slightly less spensive than Deeres spensive greene paint!!!
:rolleyes:

Oh believe me it is... Actually the stuff from Kubota Japan is OK, its the paint and welding done in Georgia that was crappy. Messicks (I believe it was) confirmed that there were "issues" with the paint line when mine was bought. Sounds like there still are "issues"

Deere paint is 10x better from the factory, as is Masseys, Fendt, maybe even Kioti from what I saw.

I dont want to derail this thread, but this was the ROPS on my BX, not long after purchase. There are more pics of other parts but this will suffice
IMG_4344.jpg

/ Would You Accept This As New #24  
From my own experience, nothing matches seamlessly like Kubota's own paint. Pricey, but it is good stuff. Just sayin'.

/ Would You Accept This As New #25  
The Rustoleum Lobster Red is as close as I've seen any of the third party paints match Kubota "new orange". Side by side, I can't really see a difference. Older Kubotas have a totally different shade of orange.

/ Would You Accept This As New #26  
Oh believe me it is... Actually the stuff from Kubota Japan is OK, its the paint and welding done in Georgia that was crappy. Messicks (I believe it was) confirmed that there were "issues" with the paint line when mine was bought. Sounds like there still are "issues"

Deere paint is 10x better from the factory, as is Masseys, Fendt, maybe even Kioti from what I saw.

I dont want to derail this thread, but this was the ROPS on my BX, not long after purchase. There are more pics of other parts but this will suffice
IMG_4344.jpg

To my eye that looks like a spot that had grease, oil or mill scale on it that wasn't properly removed before they primed and painted it. If the surface prep isn't right no paint or number of coats will hold up.

/ Would You Accept This As New #27  
You won't want to be buying any Italian made (painted) tractors, the original paint comes off in sheets!

They do have nice lines though ;-)

/ Would You Accept This As New #28  
When you paid to have the new machine shipped any reasonable person would expect that the unit received would be in new condition. Had they shipped you the wrong model or one without an engine then you certainly would not be "stuck" any more than you are stuck now. Its not you fault you are not getting what you bargained for. Insist on getting your old unit and down payment back and do not accept the defective product as I don't believe you are under any obligation to do so. If the dealer chooses to keep your trade and you down payment then he is a crook and deserves to be treated that way.

/ Would You Accept This As New #30  
To answer the basic question about this being a deal breaker or how concerned you should be....I dont think anyone can honestly answer without seeing some pictures. Is there any chance of you posting some?

I would expect the machine to be in new condition, but also understand that in a short matter of time, it is no longer gonna be new or look like new. Some areas arent painted, but a little corrosion dont effect operation. The question I would ask is: In 5 years when you still own the machine, is there gonna be any difference between the unit in question, and one that starts off cosmetically perfect?

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Air wrench - 1 inch (A34236)
Air wrench - 1...
Small Tank (A34007)
Small Tank (A34007)
Panels (A33041)
Panels (A33041)
New Holland 270 Front-end Loader (A33041)
New Holland 270...
Armstrong AG DBG10-0 Grader Blade (A33041)
Armstrong AG...
2 - John Deere L wheels (A34236)
2 - John Deere L...