Would you accept this steel as new

/ Would you accept this steel as new
Well, I didn't hear any thing from Discountsteel.com so I guess I will be a one time customer. I took the 4 1/2" grinder with a 36 grit flap wheel to it. Most of the rust did come off but some of the pitts were deep. I hate grinding rust :mad: . It gets on every thing in the shop. Here are some pics after cleaning it up.
Bill

Attachments

• 100_0421.jpg
    100_0421.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 100_0420.jpg
    100_0420.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 143
   / Would you accept this steel as new #22  
Well not as bad as this, but I got this square tube for free.

Attachments

• Brush fork 2.jpg
    Brush fork 2.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 199
   / Would you accept this steel as new #23  
A ready made brush fork for my JD......just needs some yeller and green paint

/ Would you accept this steel as new #24  
Not sure paint would stick to that thing without a good sand blasting. :laughing:

/ Would you accept this steel as new #25  
that pitting is kind of deep.

what if you send them the before/after pics and ask for a deal, or a different piece?

/ Would you accept this steel as new #26  
How does that pass quality control?

/ Would you accept this steel as new #27  
not to hijack this post but what has changed that a residential customer cant buy used steel. Recently ran into this for a project i needed some metal for

Nothing, it is kind of hard to buy used steel from the scrap yards around here, probably due to liability problems. They just don't want any or every Tom, Dick and Harry digging around in the piles while a guy is trying to load it on a rail car. I saw one guy come in, drop off his load of sheet metal, and wonder off away from his truck. A few minutes later he ran back to his truck, drove off in the direction that that he had just come from, and when he came back by, he had a piece of stainless shaft about 4" diameter in the truck bed. Wasn't there when he unloaded. Then he went out across the scale, and turned into the non ferrous buying area. I told the salesman that I deal with as I went out, and they took the piece back and told the guy if he wanted to go to jail, then argue about it. I guess he decided that he had been caught, and left. I got a gift certificate in the mail to a local resturant, and got to eat a nice meal on them for my trouble.
I wish they were more open to selling stuff around here than they are, but it is their ballgame...
David from jax