WR 20 hay rake

/ WR 20 hay rake #11  
No doubt $1300 is an excellent price for an 8 wheel rake.

/ WR 20 hay rake
The Vermeer wr 20 is a smaller frame wheel rake is why I asked. Most of the newer ones I have seen have a much larger frame. It also uses a single cylinder to raise and lower both sides.
No way to raise or lower each side individually.
this isn't it but similar

1654828608650.png

/ WR 20 hay rake
note the single cylinder . It appears you can let one side down manually with a turn buckle
1654828716980.png

/ WR 20 hay rake #14  
I have a different brand that's set up a little different, but it also uses a single cylinder. I can pull a pin and disconnect either side from the cylinder. I've only needed to do this once when a friend wrapped one arm around a tree, but it's simple to operate only one side.

I suspect that one is the same as far as being able to disengage either arm.

/ WR 20 hay rake #15  
I think it all depends in what crop you are raking actually. Grass hay is probably ok, alfalfa questionable

/ WR 20 hay rake #16  
A WR20 Vermeer rake was made by Tonutti before the World-Agra fiasco. This means it is no longer in production and the parts DO NOT EXSIST. Most parts can be fabricated. Because of the parts situation $500-800 is more the value. Just call a Vermeer dealer and they will tell you they have no parts support for these rakes.

/ WR 20 hay rake #17  
A WR20 Vermeer rake was made by Tonutti before the World-Agra fiasco. This means it is no longer in production and the parts DO NOT EXSIST. Most parts can be fabricated. Because of the parts situation $500-800 is more the value. Just call a Vermeer dealer and they will tell you they have no parts support for these rakes.

The arms and the wheels and the tines are interchangeable with most wheel rakes. In times of breakdown I've swapped arms from one brand rake to another and only had to pull a pin to remove an arm and the attached wheels and install on another brand rake. Seems that Sitrex, M&W, Tonutti, and the other Italian rakes use a lot of the same parts above the caddy.

I wouldn't be afraid of this rake based on parts availability. Just my opinion.

/ WR 20 hay rake #18  
Within the month I bought hay equipment. 900 for a round baler that was ready to go. 1000 for a v rake with two cylinders, worked fine. 1400 for a disc mower, I had to buy blades, bolts, and make a cover for it I've already used all this once. Everything worked A okay.

/ WR 20 hay rake
I have seen some for sale, that had the rale wheels replaced. Not sure where they got the parts. They Must interchange with other brands

/ WR 20 hay rake #20  
I have seen some for sale, that had the rale wheels replaced. Not sure where they got the parts. They Must interchange with other brands
A lot of rake wheel/parts will interchange. I've been installing Kuhn rake wheels on my H&S Hi-cap rake because I think Kuhn wheel teeth last longer raking than H&S rake teeth.