X330 loses traction on hills

/ X330 loses traction on hills #12  
What local place sells it.. in central WI ?

/ X330 loses traction on hills
For the Rim Guard, send an email with your zip code to info@rimguard.biz and ask for dealers in your area.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
   / X330 loses traction on hills #14  
Thanks.. was wondering if either F&F or Fleet Farm carried it in gallons.. but will check out the one in Montello.. occasionally get that far north.
Maybe none sell it by the gallon, and only pump it into the customers tires.
So far, I've used WW fluid.. which is a little less weight than the beet juice.

Have the grapple now for the X485, and can use more weight in the rear to go with 4 of the 40# suitcase weights.

/ X330 loses traction on hills #15  
Thanks.. was wondering if either F&F or Fleet Farm carried it in gallons.. but will check out the one in Montello.. occasionally get that far north.

Have the grapple now for the X485, and can use more weight in the rear to go with 4 of the 40# suitcase weights.

Just my thoughts but loading up the x485 for grapple work seems to be counter intuitive. That would seem to be a job for the 4300 in your line up. I know you have several garden tractors though so having one of them ballasted might make more sense.

I try to keep my garden tractor as light as possible with removable weights. The 110 and 4520 are much heavier with the 110 weighing about 8,000 and the 4520 weighing about 6,500 without fel.

/ X330 loses traction on hills #16  
I would give chains a try before anything else. It's cheap, easy and guaranteed to work.

/ X330 loses traction on hills #17  

Be careful. Rim Guard (beet juice) can corrode your valve stem cores. Below is a photo of the valve stem cores from my 2720 front tires which had Rim Gaurd in them. The one stem was so corroded that it broke in half while trying to remove it. Meanwhile, my rear tires are filled with washer fluid and I've no issues with them.

IMG_1889.jpg

/ X330 loses traction on hills #18  
I have an X310. I also have significant hills on my property. I use mine for mowing in warm weather and snow blowing in the winter. With the snowblower I need both weights on the rear and WW fluid I the rear tires. I never use the weights mowing as the WW fluid gives me all the traction I need. It is the least expensive option to start with.