X595 or X748 whats your pick?

/ X595 or X748 whats your pick? #21  
:confused2:

I read someplace where it said lot size: 1 acre. For that, do you really need 4WD? This whole thing sounds like a question of which toy do I want. With 1 acre and 78 hours on a machine I loved, take a cold shower and get over it. You already have 3 tractors. If you truly want the 7 Iron and want to upgrade to a diesel, then trade-up to the X740 and be done with it.

Everything is relative I think, back in 1971 I got my 1st phone and is wasn't long before I got into two way work. Time passes and I was looking at building up my own repeater, started adding everything up and decided why bother with the advent of lower cost cellphones. Now I have to ask how many radios do you have and do you realy need them?

I have tractors because I like them, at home I could easily get by with a big box mower.

/ X595 or X748 whats your pick? #22  
Buy the X748 and don,t look back.IMHO you are getting a heck of a deal.coobie

Attachments

• Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 556
   / X595 or X748 whats your pick? #23  
AWD over 4WD. For me nothing to think about. About the 7 iron. I have a 54c deck with 3 in 1 gators and my cut is as good as any lawn around me that is cut by pros with ZTR's. 4WS is a trip. When you first try it, you will oversteer and then find that only a little steering input is needed. Takes ten minutes to get used to. If you are dead set on a 7 iron then get a 748, if you would be ok with a "C" deck and want the closest thing to a ZTR then get the very agile 749.

/ X595 or X748 whats your pick?
Tommyadvanced said:
AWD over 4WD. For me nothing to think about. About the 7 iron. I have a 54c deck with 3 in 1 gators and my cut is as good as any lawn around me that is cut by pros with ZTR's. 4WS is a trip. When you first try it, you will oversteer and then find that only a little steering input is needed. Takes ten minutes to get used to. If you are dead set on a 7 iron then get a 748, if you would be ok with a "C" deck and want the closest thing to a ZTR then get the very agile 749.

Thanks, can't wait to try it out.

/ X595 or X748 whats your pick? #25  
IMO, financially it makes sense to do the deal.

But I have to ask, and please do not take this the wrong way. You have an 8 year old machine with 78 hours on it? Comes out to less than 10 hours per year! Good lord man, what do you need this quality of machine for when you only use it 10 hours per year??!! Heck a cheap Craftsman would do that for 20 years without breaking a sweat. Just sayin...

coobie said:
Buy the X748 and don,t look back.IMHO you are getting a heck of a deal.coobie

Could you do me a big favor? Next time you go out to the shed, could you tell me what the measurement is from the bottom of the 7 iron deck to the floor, when in the fully raised position? Not from the wheels, but from the bottom of the deck itself.

One of the posters said that the 7 iron doesn't raise too far off the ground. If that is true, then I couldn't use it. My 9 yr old son sometimes takes it, on a not so well groomed path, behind my house, so ground clearance is definitely an issue. Thanks

Storm56 said:
IMO, financially it makes sense to do the deal.

But I have to ask, and please do not take this the wrong way. You have an 8 year old machine with 78 hours on it? Comes out to less than 10 hours per year! Good lord man, what do you need this quality of machine for when you only use it 10 hours per year??!! Heck a cheap Craftsman would do that for 20 years without breaking a sweat. Just sayin...

I just bought this machine a month ago, for $8000. So when my dealer offered me $9000, it really got my attention.

/ X595 or X748 whats your pick? #28  
I just bought this machine a month ago, for $8000. So when my dealer offered me $9000, it really got my attention.

OK makes sense now. Good luck in whatever you decide!

/ X595 or X748 whats your pick? #29  
Could you do me a big favor? Next time you go out to the shed, could you tell me what the measurement is from the bottom of the 7 iron deck to the floor, when in the fully raised position? Not from the wheels, but from the bottom of the deck itself.

One of the posters said that the 7 iron doesn't raise too far off the ground. If that is true, then I couldn't use it. My 9 yr old son sometimes takes it, on a not so well groomed path, behind my house, so ground clearance is definitely an issue. Thanks

The contour of the 7 iron deck is different from front to side.The measurment in front is 6 inch from the side 5 inch.This is fully lifted position.My measurment was on my cement floor in my pole barn.Hope this helps.coobie

coobie said:
The contour of the 7 iron deck is different from front to side.The measurment in front is 6 inch from the side 5 inch.This is fully lifted position.My measurment was on my cement floor in my pole barn.Hope this helps.coobie

Wow, can't ask for quicker service than that. Interesting that it differs from front to side. I can't imagine why it would, but ok, and thank you so much for such a quick response. Now I have to go measure mine.