X700 Series Unavailable in the South?

/ X700 Series Unavailable in the South? #11  
Most Deere Dealer are steering customers towards the 1023 and 1026 when they ask about the seven series. Dealers I have talked to feel you get more bang for you dollar, have more options and features as standard on a 1023 or 1026 that cost extra on a 700 series. The 1023 or 1026 is quite an impressive unit for home owner use. So are the Kubota BX and Mahindra Max units. You can equip one with a mower, mid or rear, snow blower, snow blade, front loader, pallet forks, backhoe, three point PTO driven sprayer, three point PTO driven fertilizer distributor, scrape blade, box scraper, landscape rake. The list of tools and equipment available to use in maintaining a home goes on and on.

Attachments, it is all about selling you all the attachments you mention above. The 1023 and 1026R are both good machines that are a great choice for someone needing a tiny tractor to do all sorts of small jobs including mowing. The x700 series is more manueverable though and is better for mowing with less time spent on wider turns. There isn't much difference in what the garden tractors or the 1000 series will do with 3ph work though, all of these will run a tiller about the same for instance. I would give the edge to the 1000 series for versatility though.

/ X700 Series Unavailable in the South? #12  
The local store manager for this multiple store dealership originally came from Indiana. He said the main reason there are few to none in the South is because of snow. The larger garden tractors are used extensively in the North to plow snow on the larger home sites with long driveways.Bill

I would tend to think that may be true. I had a 355D and it was a great mower but not too good at snow on my hilly drive. I got the X748 for more weight, 4WD, and the hydraulic angle and lift. It is really great to work with in the snow.

With out snow I doubt I'd have traded.