Dealer XR4140 stalling

/ XR4140 stalling #11  
The scanner may not help this time since no codes are displayed.

I would go with what bearsixty7 said above.

Bad grounds and corroded battery terminals cause very weird symptoms and problems.

Garry

/ XR4140 stalling
Found the elm327 in an IOS version. Wouldn’t be 1st money wasted on equipment. Likely helpful with car or truck.

I did get a tech support email from LS and have reached out to them.

/ XR4140 stalling #14  
I also use an ELM bluetooth reader with the torque app. Just because no codes show on the dash does not mean one is not stored in memory that can be read. Doesn't mean there is one though either though.

/ XR4140 stalling
Spent some time perusing the Diagnostic section of the manual. Pretty much convinced me that unless an obvious physical problem I see, not much I can due. Will be investigating options for tech support maintenance. New Dealer claims to do on site maintenance. My on island BX dealer is also a New Holland shop. Either way, I suspect it won’t be cheap. Wife agreed it might be necessary.

/ XR4140 stalling #16  
Thanks for the update. At least SWMBO is onboard. Thats half the problem solved.
Please keep us updated.

/ XR4140 stalling #17  
Thanks. I’m an IOS/Mac guy, no Android.
Was just reading the Bluedriver website.

Thinking hard about this one

But would like to see some feedback. Also something a bit less $$

I have this device- there is a picture or two of it plugged in and reading my XR4155H. I still haven’t checked the scan while running nor have I had to pull a code, yet ( probably just doomed myself).

I got mine at a discount a while back- don’t recall how much but it was less than what is currently listed. It is way less than my much fancier Launch diagnostic computer so I consider it a bargain by comparison.

/ XR4140 stalling
Took some time with the low tech approach, purging the fuel system. Seriously considered removing tank but didn’t. Appears the feed line is at a low point of the tank, so disconnected that at the fuel separator and the return line at the tank. Was not impressed with the flow rate, even with cap off. Decided to help a bit by using air gun at the return fitting. Really thought I was being careful not to get much pressure. Boy was I wrong. When I had to stop due to can being full, I removed the air gun and got a generous diesel shower. Lesson learned, release the filler cap first LOL. Blew the tank as empty as I could guess. Put a cup or two mineral spirits in tank, let set, blew air back thru fuel line a couple times. Drained, then flushed a couple times with diesel. Also cleaned the filler filter. Double filtered diesel through a Mr Funnel. Put about gallon in, reconnected lines. Started right up. Put couple more gallons in. Fuel guage not registering. Been running about 45 minutes. Headed out to mow a bit. 🤞

/ XR4140 stalling
Sadly, that wasn’t the fix. Guess I”ll try an external tank just to be sure.
Curious what else triggers the alarm chime like the parking brake?

/ XR4140 stalling #20  
It would be odd that two separate fuel issues would occur at the same time and not be related. I was thinking if it was a clogged up line or port, that would cause the issue. But having the fuel gauge go wonky at the same time? Unless your fuel gauge broke inside the tank perhaps? Parts falling into the pickup hole? You got me scratching my head on this one!

Might be time to pull the tank and take a good look inside. Remove the float and look at it. Check the resistance with a meter.
E (or down) should read 110 ohms, 1/2 = 32.5, and Full = 3 ohms.