Yanar tiller 1400

/ Yanar tiller 1400 #11  
I see bolts and spacers with yours. I'm sure now that is how it should be attached, to avoid wear. I'll do mine that way next time I use it.
Mine has the bolts and spacers too Cali. I think that was the intended attachment. Whoever had yours before you probably just took the faster way out of mounting it.

/ Yanar tiller 1400
Here are a few pictures of the beast.

Attachments

• Tiller_01.jpg
    Tiller_01.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Tiller_02.jpg
    Tiller_02.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 150
   / Yanar tiller 1400 #13  
Mine came with those also. I believe I said TALKING ABOUT CHEAP and didn't like the setup either Pos. falling out or care for the movement either. Easy fix just ran into the Nut and Bolt box and had it all in my Junk. Some things you learn to keep around you never know when you will need it and with the lock washers I felt alot better about it :cool:

Carey

/ Yanar tiller 1400 #14  
Mine has the bolts and spacers too Cali. I think that was the intended attachment.
Oops! Based on this thread I just now went out in the barn and discovered those bolt/spacer components in my toolbox of miscellaneous spare 3-point parts. I've had them all along but didn't use them for my first trial run of the tiller (shown in this old post) so they got mis-filed. I learn something new all the time reading these threads. Thanks Inspector!

Rmully I see yours includes the 'trainer wheels' for the back. If you don't want those I'll buy then from you. :D

I've been told this was one of the last models to have those wheels and they aren't essential, so most of the tillers shipped over with the VN 'rebuilts' arrived without them. I've been looking for a pair. That is just what I need to control depth if I use the tiller with my smaller tractor, which can't really till full depth on the first pass.

Does anybody have those RS1400 wheels and is willing to sell them?

/ Yanar tiller 1400 #15  
Nice Find.Just make sure to check the bearings in the first pick. This is what shape mine was in and yes thats Rice Patty Water.:mad: Thanks to califirnia for telling me to check it :thumbsup:

Carey

Attachments

• Tiller%20003[1].jpg
    Tiller%20003[1].jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Tiller%20002[1].jpg
    Tiller%20002[1].jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 278
   / Yanar tiller 1400
Well I picked up the tiller and it looks in real good shape. The seller has the top link contraption but never put it on but had it in storage. I will go over it and grease it up and check it over ...no broken tines or bent ones...will check all bolts. The only thing missing was the metal cover that covers the rear of the tines... do i need it? can I find a used one? Sure i could fabricate one. Any thoughts what else i need to do to get it ready? I will purchase an overrun clutch and see how it connects.

/ Yanar tiller 1400 #18  
make sure to check the bearings in the first pick. This is what shape mine was in and yes thats Rice Patty Water.

Now you got me going. I'm going to check mine while it's still on the little tractor.
Ok, I opened it up (the tiller's offside lower bearing). I found it in great shape. Packed near full of clean wheel bearing grease, no moisture, looks immaculate. The cover gasket was paper, so likely original Yanmar service parts and properly maintained by some proud Japanese rice farmer. I scooped out most of the grease and repacked the ball bearing, cleaned the gasket surface, then used RTV to seal it back up. This is almost the same thing as a Japanese motorcycle, no? :)

That import house had told me not to worry, this was in good condition, and they were right. Thank you Vannessa, wherever you are.

Last edited:
   / Yanar tiller 1400 #19  
Well I picked up the tiller and it looks in real good shape. The seller has the top link contraption ...no broken tines or bent ones...

The only thing missing was the metal cover that covers the rear of the tines... do i need it? can I find a used one? Sure i could fabricate one.
You did good!

I have bent that back cover trying to till into nasty stuff, poison oak for example, by backing into it. The bottom edge of the cover has nicks where the tines hit it. That may be what happened to yours. I think you need something there to make the dirt lay back down instead of being tossed far away, but something primitive should work fine. Anything from a sheet of plywood up to a properly-shaped replica, which would be expensive. The original cover both restrains the dirt, and also smooths it as you move along. You might use some kind of a drag for the smoothing.

The cover is hinged and hangs by chains from the back-wheel assembly, so it can float up over mounds of dirt.

Congratulations! You'll love it.

/ Yanar tiller 1400 #20  
I was just glad and lucky I checked it out PMO since I just bought from a dealer :mad: that wouldn't of lasted long.As a matter of fact I believe the Thread was ( california I owe you one ).
R Mully look at the pic. at the first of this thread and see if it will let you zoom in, it would for me, And you can see how mine is set up. Those are were the Poles for the wheels use to be just cut off. A bar across and then they run poles down to the back cover with holes,Springs and Clips for tension on it. I can't get a closer pic. prob won't get home till next week if everything goes well. Just pm me and be glad to help and try to get it worked out.Anything to keep the soil from flying is about all you need but won't be much to put it back right. They Work it will be well worth it for a couple of bucks.