Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest
Re: Yankee Ingenuity at it\'s Finest

There is a tiny bit of vibration at idol. At 1200 rpms and up there is no vibration whatsoever. Driving around there is some movement from bouncing which is mostly unpreventable. The view from the mirrors is always crystal clear even with the occasional bounce etc.
In general, I am extremely pleased with the out come of this project. Total expense was $85 and it took me maybe 2 hours to assemble and install.

Attachments

• 248116-DSCF0001C (22) reduced.jpg
    248116-DSCF0001C (22) reduced.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 256

beenthere,
I opted to go with the 18" pipes in case I want to install a west coast type mirror or multiple mirrors, or lights etc.
I did some various getting on and off of the tractor to see if there would be any chance of hitting the bracket and I found that I never came near it. I stuck a couple of black rubber crutch feet on the threaded ends of the drop downs just in case. If I find myself NOT wanting to add any other devices to them I may well shorten them with a pipe cutter.
With the way the pipe assembly stands off of the canopy, I can mount my flood lamps or additional hazard lght up there.

I am actually thinking of installing strobes in the two factory hazard lights, that would take care of safeth lighting both fron and rear in 1 shot.

shoppintractors,
I don't know who that guy is. He was under foot all day.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's a closer view of the finished assembly.
I have had to reduce the pictures from an average 1700k down to 100k or smaller for the TBN so they now show a little bluriness thats not in the originals.

Attachments

• 248132-DSCF0001C (15) reduced.jpg
    248132-DSCF0001C (15) reduced.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 369
   / Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #15  

Mark,

I guess I still would be worried about hitting the head. You could cut the pipe off and then put couplings on for future attachments or different style mirrors. Just screw on the coupling a 12" pipe if needed. For vibration could you put some rubber isolation on the pipe?

murph

murph,
Clearance and the fear of hitting my doesn't seem to be a problem, but I will definately shorten them if it does. I can climb on and off the tractor and walk around the operators platform while both on and off the tractor without getting near the drop down extensions.
All mounting hardware is already mounted with rubber washers. I suppose that I could put rubber washers on all the mirror hardware, but the little vibration there is when the tractor is idoling isn't really a problem. As soon as you throttle up even a little the vibration movement goes right away and the mirrors are perfectly still.
The little bits of movement from bouncing around while driving isn't going to go away no mater what I do, short of a full suspension systems under the tractor.

The next two pictures are a view of the mirrors from the seat.
Left side mirror

Attachments

• 248165-DSCF0001C (20) reduced.jpg
    248165-DSCF0001C (20) reduced.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 281

Right hand mirror

Attachments

• 248167-DSCF0001C (19) reduced.jpg
    248167-DSCF0001C (19) reduced.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 210
   / Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #19  

There's that same guy again, sitting in your seat..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #20  

Picture 6 reminds me of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor's neighbor. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nice job!